My cat is limping due to the swollen limb. What should I do?

POMARE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! It is my first time to post here. I found this site through searching and I have notice that people here are very interactive.

So, right now I have a problem and seeking for any advice or help. I have one and a half old male cat. He is currently limping due to its swollen front right limb. I have no idea what was the caused. I cannot also find any bite marks in that area but his left leg has one, though I can touch his limp and did a warm compress. By the way, he is not an indoor cat. He likes to go outside and play in the roof. I also think he has a lot of cat enemies.
So at first the swollen starts with the upper limb and after a day it goes down to its paw, so he cant walk properly now. The pictures are attached herein. I really dont know what to do and I have no means to send him to a veterinarian. I am only a student and I just adopted him. So if someone knows a home remedy how to treat the swollenness, please let me know or if someone has already experienced this in their cats, please share it to me. I always cry when I see him in that difficult state and was not able to do anything. Please respect and I am genuinely asking for a help. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, if the leg is swollen and he is limping it could be a snake bite depending on what area you are in. In that case he needs a vet and a vet can tell you if it is or not.
Could also be a broken limb. Needs a vet for that too
Could be a severe abscess and once again needs a Veterinarian, and the longer you wait the greater the risk of him becoming septic.
Plus he is in allot of pain if he is limping. Cats don’t show any pain unless it is unbearable for them.
There is nothing you can give him for the pain at home because cats are missing certain enzymes in their liver and cannot process many medication as well as essential oils and topical therapies. So there isn’t anything you can do or give him at home. I am sorry
He needs to see a vet ASAP.
Do you mind saying the general area you are in? There may be organizations that can help you get him to the Veterinarian.
In the meantime keep him confined inside and make sure he is eating and using the litter box etc.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with silentmeowlook he needs to be seen by a dvm so I would figure out a way to do that. No one here can diagnose him and you will need help from a dvm even if they could.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are options available. Care credit is one. There are also financial assistance for veterinary care in most places.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that unfortunately you have passed all the tests for needing to get him to a vet. Ask about Care Credit.

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

I am posting this for general knowledge, mostly in the future. At this point, you need a vet quickly so ask about payment plans, a down payment, or credit. This may not be hugely expensive but that does not mean it could not get worse and require additional care.