my cat is leaking urine when he is cleaning himself

iseeulookin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been doing this also. I've spent over $1000 to find out why this is happening. Nothing, no stones, no tumors etc. Now they aren't even calling to see how he is, nor are they returning my phone calls. I know you posted this back in August but I'm hoping to still check it. What's ACV? and who recommended a raw chicken diet? just wondering, nothing seems to be working and it's breaking my heart to keep him separated from the rest of the pride.

iseeulookin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Marie,

where you able to ever get an answer as to why that was happening to your kitty?

iseeulookin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Catdaddy 2014, I did take him to vet, $2000 later still urinating when he grooms himself, no answers, they don't know y he can't urinate normally. And don't have money to take him to another vet :( although I've spoken to many and they r stumped too

catdaddy2014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok 2k vet bill, got it.

Does he seem to be in any pain at any time when he's urinating or licking himself?

Also, what kind of cat food are you feeding him? Dry food can be bad for males and can cause them to have urinary issues. Also how old is he?

iseeulookin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I always feed dry but now he gets both. He was also on anti spastic bladder and urethrea medication and CD can for months, no improvement. He's a 12 year old Manx. He does use liter box but isn't able to completely empty bladder. Every once in a while he seems like he's experiencing discomfort. And sure enough a lil bit later I find a spot where he had an accident. When he grooms his belly the urine just flows out. Thanks for your concern