My Cat Is In Love With My Boyfriend?

Amg475

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so this will probably be a strange story but we need some advice about our female cat. She’s on her second heat. Through both heats she’s shown an attraction? to my boyfriend. She does the booty dance, yowling, purring, and snaking around his feet, but it is increased every time he speaks. She rolls around his feet to get his attention and bites his hands while he works on the computer. The only way to get her to calm down is for him to talk.
We have a male cat that she mated with in her first heat, and they had two kittens together. The male is now neutered. The female will sometimes let him mount her, mainly when my boyfriend isn’t home. Otherwise she only pays attention and tries to, what I’m guessing is to attract, my boyfriend. She also screams when my boyfriend leaves our apartment.

So what we’re wondering is if anyone else has had this experience with their cat or knows why a female cat would act this way to a human?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. I think her behaviour is all connected to her hormones and heat cycles.

Do you have an appointment to get her spayed? And how long ago was your male cat neutered. The hormones stick around for a while after neutering, so if it hasn't been long he could get her pregnant again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While not exactly "normal," this isn't all that rare, either. A female in heat knows testosterone when she smells it! The only cure for this is going to be spaying, which I would highly recommend, anyway. AND that will protect her from some of the hormone-driven cancers, as well.