My Cat Is Hyper Aggresive! Help!

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So the issue is. I have a male cat aswell female cat and 4 kittens. The male cat i think is in heat/horny and very territorial. So as i got home he stared at me and his tail was huge and his eyes big. Then i decided to go clean my room and do some other stuff around the house. The whole time he was scared from me his tail down he would stay near me or run away and his eyes were big. The next thing i spend like 1 hour in my room cleaning and havent gone out as i finish my iob i go to leave the cleaning stuff in the kitchen but the male cat jumped from the table as he saw me and he started charging at me ready to fight to death i push him away and stayed at my room for half an hour to see if he chill as i opened the door just a little bit for 1 second i heard how he jumped from the living room and come at my door hissing. Last time this thing have happend again my parents didnt castrate him. Last time he bite my arm it needed 2 months to heal the doctors tought that a dog bite me and i still have scars. The cat is 33 lbs or around 15kg and is ready to fight to death i have no clue what should i do how do i lock him away somewhere safe i cant acess the living room im scared because when u hit him he will think this is his last battle and wont step back he will fight to the end he is hyper aggressive and now i have no clue what to do time doesnt help hes aggressive and he knows when i open the door.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, absolutely stop hitting your cat. You are making this worse. You should never hit an animal.

Second, get him neutered. Male cats don't go into heat. They are always ready to mate and to fight for territory. He is constantly on high alert and stressed as a result. He needs your help. Do you need help finding a low cost neuter clinic in your area?

Keep him away from your female cat and kittens. They all will need to be fixed too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If i didnt give him a foot and i didnt manage to hit him he would have jumped and eaten me alive. And i cant keep him away hes there with the female and kittens my goal is to calm him down and put him somewhere safely but how? :(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not ok to hit or kick your cat ever. You are making this situation worse.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last time i didnt him him and he bite my mom 3 times and he bite my arm as i try to hold on him and he bites like he wants to kill us. U want me just to give me to bite me and chew on me? He bite my arm 3 times for seconds and then chew on it.. hes aggressive and it happend from no where we never abused him.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So how to calm him down?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are abusing him if you are hitting him. It doesn't matter if he attacks first.

You can wrap a towel or blanket around him and put him in a room by himself to cool down. This will continue happening if you don't get him neutered. That is the immediate action that you need to take, for the safety of everyone involved.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's the hormones making him this aggressive. You need to get him neutered and the mom cat as soon as possible. Even if he's neutered if she's not he'll sense her hormones and still be aggressive. They're much calmer without the hormones.
I understand that you're trying to protect yourself when being attacked but in the long run hitting and kicking an animal makes them fear you and then they stay aggressive because they're afraid you're going to hurt them.
Can you open a can of canned cat food or tuna fish and get him to go into a separate room to eat it and lock him in that way?
To neuter a feral cat I had that i couldn't touch I borrowed a trap and put a can of tuna fish in there until he was trapped in the trap then brought him in the trap to the vet and had him get his shots and neutered.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank u for the advice but he is huge and very strong hes pure muscle i cant put anything on him and if he sees me hes not scared of anything he will charge at me. I will just wait i guess thank you for the advice i dont see any other options.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get a trap and put tuna fish in it. Once he's in it take him in the trap right to the vet to neuter him.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes i will get him neutered soon as possible.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the advices also the trap ur talking about. Last time we put him in a cage he broke the cage open for seconds hes too strong.

Slo30

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am shittless scared to open my door.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It sounds like he is trying to protect the female cat and the kittens. If you do anything aggressive at all, hitting, shouting, throwing things etc, it's just going to reinforce the idea that you are a threat to him and his family.

Are you usually able to handle him? If so, give him plenty of time to calm down before you go near him again. If not you will need to use a humane trap to get him to the vet to be neutered.

Cats cannot break out of a humane trap once they've sprung it.

If you let us know which state/city you are in we can help you find a low cost clinic that deals with feral cats. They will probably have a humane trap you can use to get him to the vet.

How old are the kittens?
Is the mother cat feral or can you handle her?