My Cat Is Having Urinary Problems

jade13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat for the last three days has been trying to pee all over the house. The first day she was peeing fine but today and yesterday she has been spotting everywhere. she will stand in her litter bose for long periods of time and not being able to go. she 8 years old. I'm not sure if it might be from stress. we are in the prosses of moving there are boxes everywhere. and we were gone for a week looking at houses while someone stopped by to feed them. she can be a very stubborn cat some times when she is angry.

Ƀåstet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She likely has a very painful and (and potentially life threatening if left untreated) UTI. You should get her to a doctor fast.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, this warrants a vet visit asap , standing in the litter box with no results is a very very bad sign.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take her to the vet, today. Even maybe an emergency clinic.

Years ago one our cats got hit by a car. We didn't know she had been except she wasn't raising her tail. Her hiding and tail slinking was so out of character for her since she was a people loving bold sassy bottle baby. We rushed her to the vet the next day and she had broken her last vertebrate. She couldn't pee on her own. They x-rayed her & shaved her back end ... showing horrible bruises. The x-ray showed her bladder 3-4 times the size it should be. They had to "express" (squeeze) her. Then we had to 3 express her 3 times a day for 2 years. She lived to a ripe old age. If we had not taken her into the vet for 2-3 days she might have died.

My point? This can kill your cat! Please take her to the vet now. Anytime a cat stops or has trouble eating, drinking, or going pee/poo you need to take them to vet. Minor-ish problems like a UTI can blossom into kidney failure if left untreated. Better to be safe then your cat dying.