My cat is going to get me evicted, help? :(

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you'd do us a favor and post back after you have him neutered, I know many of us would appreciate knowing how it's going.

I, for one believe that he will be much more settled and you will have an even better relationship with your your fur kid.

(We love seeing pics too!)

kura

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spaywatch will help you... They helped me.
\t01733 370198

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alixen

I'll book him into the vet when i can scrape the money, and keep him in til then.
Someone on another forum who is a CP co-ordinator has just posted that the rules on giving out neutering vouchers has changed. Although it's seems to be very much down to individual branches to decide their own criteria, there is no general requirement to be on benefits or provide proof of being on a low income. They can give them to a millionnaire if they feel it's the only way the cat will get neutered! So do give your local branch a ring and see if you can get a voucher - that way you'll be able to get him done sooner rather than later.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone here has given you good advice, which is to get the testosterone poisoning out of this boy's system.

In the meantime if you want to sleep through the night, get him a soft stuffed toy about his size, get my drift?
It might get him to shut up long enough for you to save up the cash or find a low-cost neuter.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're doing the right thing in getting your little buddy neutered, I promise! I know it seems a dreadful thing to do to a fellow male, but sex for cats is not the same as for humans... it's not a romantic part of the lifetime-bonding process -- just the fulfilling of a physiological imperative.

Wait a minute... actually, I know a few humans for whom it's just a physiological imperative, too. But I digress...

Anyway -- he won't miss them, but he would surely miss YOU if you had to give him up, or worse, if he got killed during one of his outings. I hope, after the hormones have left his system, he may even let you make him an indoor cat and save him from exposure to so many dangers.

It sounds like you have a true friend there. All good wishes to you both!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One last thing - its very important to keep him inside after neutering - a male can still breed and get a female pregnant within the first 30 days of neutering - so do NOT let him back outside. IMO he shouldn't be outside to start with, but do keep him inside right after he's neutered.

It takes about a month to get the hormones/sperm out of his system.

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alixen

I'm low income to the point i had to stretch a weeks food money to 2, so i could treat myself for the first time in 3 months :p

I'm in the UK, live in North Yorkshire in a small town with a single vet. So unless he is highly kind, i dount it will be free

I will just have to borrow the money from my father; ugh, hate asking him for money.

Guess my lil pal is going to to have to enjoy his time with his twins while he can...

Either way, i'm still open to other ideas a little less... perminant.
Hiya, I'm in N. Yorks as well. If you can make it into your nearest RSPCA they can give you a voucher for a free neuter if you are on benefit. The one here in Scarborough is only taken at one vet for cat neutering though.

We have two boys that are almost 5 months old and I am almost desperate to have them neutered but we have to wait another month to do it. Getting the both of them neutered and microchipped is going be about £100 from our vet but it is so worth getting it done.