My cat is dying - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

specklebang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Due to her weight loss, Chutney's fur developed huge mats despite daily brushing. We thought they might be bothering her so we had a groomer shave them off. At 17 days after her last shot, Chutney's breathing is becoming ragged and she has trouble eating. She still moves around and does some of her customary things (guarding the shower) and quit some other things (putting her head in your lap). 

We have decided that this is the time to let her go. She's had a great, one family life and has been loved and spoiled every day of her life, from the age of 6 weeks and for 14 additional years. It's tempting to get her another shot and buy another week or so, but we think this would be for us, not for her.

Somewhere between Friday and Monday, we will have a Vet come to the house. We'll feed her ice cream and her other restricted foods until she actually fills up for the first time in her life (that cat can really eat). In the afternoon, we will be at her side to say goodbye and thanks for all the cat hair.

My thanks to those many who provided such loving comfort and advice here.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
She couldn't ask for a more thoughtful, compassionate and loving way to go.  A perfect end to a well-loved life.

Caring thoughts with you at this difficult time 

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hoping for a gentle, peaceful passing in the arms of her loving family . . . you truly are giving her the final loving gift - release from a body that just won't work anymore. I'm sorry that she must go on to the Rainbow Bridge, but I believe that she will be there watching over you and waiting for your time to join her forever.

God bless

catmom5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

specklebang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
CHUTNEY OCCAM WALLINGFORD

1/13/1998 - 5/11/2012

The Final Meow

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your final act of love. 
  Now she is free

whollycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so saddened at the loss of your beloved Chutney, honey. I can't help but feel your pain and tears and add mine because I know the void that is left by their earthly presence, and the hole in your heart that will always be there--never to be filled by another. Chutney touched so many along her journey, and her memory will always live on. My heartfelt condolences and prayers for you at her passing.

Gentle journey, sweet Chutney...I'll be lighting a candle in your memory tonight.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad to hear of the loss of Chutney.  She was loved and you did right by her.  Bless you and Chutney

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CHUTNEY OCCAM WALLINGFORD

1/13/1998 - 5/11/2012

The Final Meow
SUch a shame that she had to die like that, cancer be it in humans or pets is a very horible disease, i hope she passed away peacefull, the last thing anyone needs is thier pet to suffer, at least you had many happy years with her, that is all that counts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.