My cat is dying is anything i can do to comfort him

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss of Timothy. Lots of hugs to you. You were a great meowmy and he was very loved his whole life long.

kitay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yah my cat died due to stomach issues and i used a heat bad to keep him warm. I still regret not putting him to sleep.

reginakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.
I recently lost a big majestic boy Baden - my heart still breaks.
So, we all understand your heart.
Everyone here has you and your baby boy in their thoughts and prayers.

He had a long wonderful life.
You loved him and cared for him.
His light is shining now and he is no longer ill.
He is strong and running and healthy again.
You were with him and his transition was peaceful.

fallen rain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry Otto, but you have missed the boat on this one. My daughter's cat is dying tonight due to Kidney failure. We are unfortunately all out of cash and no VET will see her without cash in hand. 4 Vets, all said no. Cash up front!  This may have been the case for the response you made. You just never presume to know what is the condition or situation of someone else. Yes, by all means put the animal down peacefully. IF.....possible. Too bad for all of us today that this not always the case.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
 My daughter's cat is dying tonight due to Kidney failure. We are unfortunately all out of cash and no VET will see her without cash in hand. 4 Vets, all said no. Cash up front!  This may have been the case for the response you made. You just never presume to know what is the condition or situation of someone else. Yes, by all means put the animal down peacefully. IF.....possible. Too bad for all of us today that this not always the case.

Have you googled vets that do payment plans?.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Sweet Timothy, whole, healthy, and in the best of Care at the Bridge, watching over you always until you are reunited in due time.  Thank you for loving him and caring for him!  17 is a good age, a good long life.  I hope you can gain comfort knowing that, and knowing you will meet again. 

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. Do you have a humane society that might help your daughter's kitty to the RB?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This cat owner posted that the cat has died.  I am sorry for the loss.  Rest in peace little kitty.

carmen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss... Rest in peace Timothy.

icare

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
putting a pet to sleep is not always the right thing to do. only you really know your cat. sometimes a car trip, someone poking you with a needle, etc. is too traumatic and a very sad end to a life well lived. sometimes it is far better to let them be in the home they have loved with the human they love. i have found they respond to your voice and kind and gentle touch. sometimes the breathing rate changes slighly or they might even wag their tail a little. if there is severe pain that must be considered of course. my friends and i have a rescue sanctuary and we love them all so much. we have found so many times the pet is very comfortable in their own bed with the suggestions others have made to you. don't beat yourself up for your decisions. you love your pet and they know it and that is so important. do your best and they will feel that love.