My cat is dragging clothes out!

kmark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Socks, keeps dragging clothes out of the closet into the living room when I am away at work! I used to be in college and was home most of the day, but this has just started since I've been working, so I'm sure that is what it is. She has her brother (littermate) Scout with her all day, so she is not an only cat. Both my husband and I play with them before we go to work and all throughout the night before we go to bed. They are spoiled rotten (like all cats should be!). I just wondered if anyone else had a cat that did this or if anyone has any thoughts. Sometimes she does it when I am at home trying to sleep or when I am getting ready for work in the morning. She has my shirts, etc, in her teeth and she drops them and kneads them and meows!
Kelly

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She misses you is all. Take an old pair of sneakers and put them on, wear them minus socks as you do your housework and get them nice and sweaty. Stick them in a ziplock bag, and leave one out for her in the morning when you go to work. The smell will stay for about 2 days, then give her another one. This way your smell will be near her and she knows you will return. Keep your closet closed, or designate a special shirt that is just hers, and do the same thing, put it on, get in nice and sweaty and leave it for her.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SPike, one of my boys, would do that a lot. He'd get a HUGE blanket and drag it all over. He also would get into my towels and clothes and drag them out. Now, I finally got my landlord to install a door on my closet door so clothes I CHERISH are in there. Clothes that I'm not too worried about- I put these on shelves. If Spike drags old clothes or blankets out, I just put them back.

I think it's funny to see this cat trotting around dragging a big blanket in his teeth (blanket's a lot bigger than himk) so it's hilarious! He has done it less and less now so I think he's growing up. I have never seen him kneading at my clothes/blankets so that's different than your situation I think.

I agree with Hissy... Keep us posted.

daphne209

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does that with clothes and blankets, too. It's hilarious when he's struggling to drag the blanket down the hall. All the while meowing, and not wanting to be petted or picked up. He especially does this when I get ready for bed. He obviously can read the signs/my body language and when I start shuthing the lights and heading down the hall, he grabs a shirt or sock and starts meowing and dragging it around. Cannot make heads or tails of this! :)