My cat is declawed but he has pulled out his nails and can't retract them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

madisonrenae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys I know its been a few weeks but Toby surgery was today. I just got a call from the vet. She said that everything went good. But it was very complicated to find all the bone fragments left behind by the previous vet. She says Toby is pretty angry right now, which makes me sad because hes the most loving boy ever. I just hope he doesn't hate me now. :(

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: I am so sorry Toby and you had to go through this :hugs: I am sure he will have pain meds and is really only frightened and in some pain, I don't think it is actually anger :(. He will be happy to see you and to be able to come home. Can he come home today? Please keep us posted. Glad the surgery went well but sad it was complicated. I hope Toby will have no more issues now :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

madisonrenae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! Toby had to stay over night. The vet said they tend to be to active too fast after surgery if they go home right away. I will pick him up tomorrow morning after they give him a minor sedative to take off his bandages. I will let you know how his recovery goes. But like we said the good thing is after this he won't be in pain anymore. I just can't wait to pick him up tomorrow! I'm sure I won't sleep tonight!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad he got that issue fixed, and he shouldn't be angry with YOU, because you saw to it that he got it fixed, right?  He'll come back around in no time, I'm sure