My cat is creeping me out.....

therockhugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Simba and baby (my Persian) are stilltaking turns in the living room with the family. I am waiting the 2 weeks for babys boosters to 'kick in' before he's exposed to the new cat (he hasn't received regular shots because he's strictly indoor).

Simba has been the sun room off the living room at night, and today he has decided he isn't happy about it.
He is standing on the chair next to the window peering in at us like a lost child on thanksgiving, crying. He is alternating between that and trying to open the front door.
I am totally serious when I say he is jiggeling the door handle (it's a round knob.) He turns it half way....it won't be long before he actually gets it open. I can't see him do it from inside, but this cat has to be gripping it with both paws to turn it.

This has been going on for....ahhhhh...let's say 5 long hours.

What should I do? It's heart breaking to see himcry at the window watching baby all fluffed out on the couch, but then terrifying when we are sitting here peacefully and hear the door knob turn frantically like a bride of chucky movie.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Spooky knows how to turn handles also. I know its scary to hear that noise, but Spooky has been doing it for 3 years now and has never managed to turn the handle enough to unlatch the door, if that's of comfort.

I don't know how long you need to keep them separate for, has Simba been to see the vet? I would call the vet and ask how long they need to be separated for, and if time is up for health reasons go ahead and start introductions. Simba is ready to be a full-time housecat!

ETA: I would also like to mention that I am anxiously awaiting new pictures of Simba. Please post some in the Fur Pictures area ASAP. And include some of Baby too since I haven't seen him yet. Thanks.