My cat is completely nonsense and gets in trouble all the time

nitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I'm posting this because I'm having two problems since I adopted this new kitten: Cappuccino. I have seven cats, a huge house and well, not all the cats get along well but there is plenty of space and there is hardly a problem. He has already been neutered, I think I got him around 5 old months old (due teeth growth) and he has now 10.

It was abandoned at a house for sale in a box along with many other kittens, someone caught the suspect on camera. Cappuccino in special was very sick, wouldn't eat and had trouble standing up, after a short yet expensive treatment he turned out to be one of the most beautiful kitten of the bunch.

So I'm hoping you can help me with what goes on behind those blue eyes other than catch the spider on the tablet screen.

Well, what I can say, Cappuccino is *special* whenever I let him roam freely he gets stuck somewhere, lost and I end up having to bother the neighbor to climb up their roof to get my cat back. You won't believe the ridiculous spots I've found him meowing asking for help. It's like he is curious and likes to explore but has absolutely NO sense of direction. And it has to be me to rescue him, he doesn't like strangers! He bites people and scratch them!

Until a dog almost had Cappuccino for dinner some day, the only thing that saved him was a 9 years old girl that took the dog away.

So, I've never had this kind of problem with any cat, I decided to fill my bedroom with toys, put a litterbox in the bathroom for some ease of mind, he hasn't complained but I don't think this is normal and my fiancée didn't like the idea. It sleeps almost hugging me every night and only gets uneasy when I leave the bedroom.

I've tried everything but whenever he is out he seems to follow some instinct and roam far away from home.

I think a bow tie with some glasses would go well with his face.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful picture He's Gorgeous!

Thank you for Catch a spider
  Friskies fishes over here - Have you tethered Cappucinno supervised in the yard? he's a little older he should be OK with that If you place a harness on him for about a week indoors he would get used to it.

Doesn't have a chum yet to play hang out with? a chaperone? If you have a greeting cat, the friendliest kitty may be perfect

to hang out sleep with. Best thing is just what you're doing keeping him in, for now.  

We love pictures here!

Look forward to seeing pictures of entire Pride

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Friskies fishes over here - Have you tethered Cappucinno supervised in the yard? he's a little older he should be OK with that If you place a harness on him for about a week indoors he would get used to it.

Doesn't have a chum yet to play hang out with? a chaperone? If you have a greeting cat, the friendliest kitty may be perfect

to hang out sleep with. Best thing is just what you're doing keeping him in, for now.  

We love pictures here!

I would be very cautious about tethering my cat...  That doesn't sound safe to me.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by talkingpeanut  

I would be very cautious about tethering my cat...  That doesn't sound safe to me.
    Safe  when Supervised  with common sense.    Would Love to see some pictures of your Cat!. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

We love pictures here!

I'm with talking peanut on this.. tethering actually is just leaving an animal 'tethered' or tied up and it would be incredibly dangerous as Cappuccino would be unable to escape from danger, along with all sorts of other problems.  If it is to be done 'supervised' then a leash and walking would be a far more practical way to go.

@nitz Cappuccino is indeed a very handsome cat. 
  I think the idea of keeping him in is ideal, especially since he doesn't mind.  Many of us here at TCS have indoor only cats, including me, and it's great to know that they're safe.  You're providing lots of stimulus for him, and he sounds very happy.  He was very lucky to find you.

And welcome to TCS! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nitz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm very happy for the support, I haven't been lucky and felt kinda on my own with Cappuccino, people are generally careless with their cats where I live.

But I love each of them, they're special to me and it's almost unbelievable how they do know this.

Well, I like the idea to take him for a walk on a leash, maybe a few minutes everyday to know his own house but I doubt he'll make friends. He is very jealous.

He did gain some weight since that picture but still acts and plays like a 3 months old kitten.