My cat is acting strange after taking the drugs the vet gave us

Status
Not open for further replies.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss of Elsa. You did all that you could for her and even if you had done more tests or diagnostics, there is no guarantee that Elsa would have survived. Certain heart conditions, for example, are very hard to diagnose, don't jump out as obvious on many standard tests, and are not easily treatable. Going to the ER yesterday may not have saved her either. If her time had come, she passed away being held by the person she loved the most and I hope that you can take some comfort in that. You were in no way remiss in her care.

If you would like to post a tribute to Elsa in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are more than welcome to do so.
Crossing the Bridge

If you feel that you would like to speak with a pet loss grief counselor, there are numerous free services through the major veterinary schools and other organizations.
Pet Loss Support Hotline
Pet Loss Grief Support Hot Lines, Helplines and Groups
Pet Loss Support Hotline | Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Pet Loss Support and Online Resources | OSU Veterinary Medical Center
Some of the phone numbers and information are repeated on the various sites.

Your boyfriend is very kind to have offered to bring another cat into the home, but you will know when and if that time comes. You gave Elsa a wonderful life and I hope that the memories of that will return to comfort you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Once again, I am so sorry for your loss of Elsa. When a cat passes on, we lock the thread out of respect. Please remember that you can still post about Elsa in our Crossing the Bridge forum if you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.