My Cat Is A Tsundere...

Ol'Catt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
MY cat can comfortably sleep beside me and even follows me around everytime, but she doesn't really let me pet her, everytime i do pet her, she bites my hands or fingers after some seconds and I'm not doing it repetitively that i think it's annoying to her(tho that's what i think it is.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are notoriously sensitive to touch. Are you restricting touch to face, head, chin? That might work for you. Even hypersensitive cats tolerate touch on the head and neck far better than past the shoulders. I'm also going to give you the link to an article on "love bites" from cats that may have some good ideas for you!
How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:

It sounds like your girl is just overstimulated very easily, and can't handle being petted much. My girl is pretty similar (though a little less extreme than your girl) and, like your kitty, will follow me around and sleep on or next to me - in fact, her favourite place is pretty much anywhere I am!

I'd say that your kitty is very affectionate and bonded to you - she just shows it in wanting to be near you, rather than wanting lots of petting :lovecat:
Cat Aggression Toward People
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats
Your Cat Probably Hates It When You...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ol'Catt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats are notoriously sensitive to touch. Are you restricting touch to face, head, chin? That might work for you. Even hypersensitive cats tolerate touch on the head and neck far better than past the shoulders. I'm also going to give you the link to an article on "love bites" from cats that may have some good ideas for you!
Hi, and welcome to TCS :hithere::welcomesign:

It sounds like your girl is just overstimulated very easily, and can't handle being petted much. My girl is pretty similar (though a little less extreme than your girl) and, like your kitty, will follow me around and sleep on or next to me - in fact, her favourite place is pretty much anywhere I am!

I'd say that your kitty is very affectionate and bonded to you - she just shows it in wanting to be near you, rather than wanting lots of petting :lovecat:
Cat Aggression Toward People
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats
Your Cat Probably Hates It When You...
Thank you for all the replies i think i can handle her myself now. I'm reading the links that you've passed me so thank you again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are very welcome, indeed. OH, when you have a moment, follow this link New Cats on the Block if you haven't yet, and introduce yourself and your cat to our community. Photos are VERY welcome!