My Cat is a Licker

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep one of my cats, Lears, licks me mor ethan my dog does. Most of the times I pet him he will eventually start licking, & licking, & licking some more.

I just found it a little funny, I'm use to dog licking away, but never been licked by a cat.

Do any of your cat lick? Is this normall or does Lears think he's part dog?

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All cats groom, and most cats will groom their human

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats is the same way and the other one never does. She is only satisfied if she can lick my face and it does get kind of annoying when she doesn't want to stop. She always wants to groom my other cat and he doesn't like it for as long as she wants to groom him. I think she is just a very affectionate cat.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hannah's my licker. She loves to lick my hair when I'm doing my stretches on the floor, or if she climbs up on my shoulder for snuggle time. It's a bit annoying, but I'm glad she claims me as her human.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah, Lears usually just licks my hand when I am carrying & petting him, especially when he's belly up & I'm rubbing his chest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snp81

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's such a good boy. I like to grab his tongue when he licks me & he just lays there & purrs while I hold on to his little tongue.