My cat is 8 weeks pregnant and i am looking for some advice on a couple of things please

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry you lost a baby! So sad :( hope the others stay strong aNd heaLthy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lthompson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank u for kind messages and advice has really helped
Pringles is doing well and the other 4 r feeding well too and also giving Pringles and break every now and then
They r very vocal and loving moving around x

lthompson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry more advice needed please
2 of the kittens keep panting with their mouths open is this normal if not what could it be pls

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How often are they doing this ? And how long have they being doing it for ?

It could be that they are too hot. Kittens are unable to regulate they own body heat in the first few weeks. This means they can easily get too hot or too cold

lthompson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Id say about every hour for about 2 seconds

I have read a few quotes and it says it's the kittens hissing but I really don't know and with losing 1 already I just feel there is something wrong with another 2 of them :-( they r still feeding really well x

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As long as they are feeding well and gaining weight - you are weighing them every day right ?
I wouldn't be concerned if it's only for 2 seconds. I'm thinking they are just getting a little too warm with moms body heat plus the all the other kittens body heat. :D

Last edited:

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kittens do that sometimes, they're hissing because they don't recognize you're smell yet. I was worried at first too. Keep your eye on them and make sure they're heathy and growing. You can always ask a vet too! I just popped in mine last week and asked a few questions, didn't even bring any in

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agreed.  It's instinct, hissing with little toothless mouths.  The more you touch them and they learn your scent the sooner that will stop but I think it's just TOO CUTE!

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As she starts labor i am sure she will find a spot or you can set up a  blanket in a big box and put her in there so she can have her babies there. Cats know what to do so do not worry. Let us know how it goes . 

berbdcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Erm Kibmufxy all the kitties have been born >.< I dont think you realised that there were three pages

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No i didn't. Still learning this site. ;-)  Well congrats  then. 

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Earlier my cat was sitting in front of my closet where her 2 week old babies are, and she was chirping and meowing at them I thougt it was kinda weird...could she be trying to call them to her so they learn how to walk or something? I'm hoping she isn't in heat already

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many mama cats talk to their kittens constantly.  The tortie I have here does that.  Its a whirring noise a lot of the time.  She's calling them, sometimes playing with them, other times inviting them to nurse etc.  One of her two kittens is also very talkative and loud, and the other hardly ever says anything.  Totally different personalities.

devanmoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Many mama cats talk to their kittens constantly.  The tortie I have here does that.  Its a whirring noise a lot of the time.  She's calling them, sometimes playing with them, other times inviting them to nurse etc.  One of her two kittens is also very talkative and loud, and the other hardly ever says anything.  Totally different personalities.
How funny! I thought it was So weird, I was like what are you doin mama? And She looked At me and would meow at me the same way! Good to know she's chatting with her babies