My cat Hunter is dying from abdominal tumor (mesenteric); so sad !

Status
Not open for further replies.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say ,
You know Hunter sounds like Louis. he was always amazing the vets that he was such a fighter. He was about 15. possibly 16.
He never hid , but at the end he would just mostly lie in a crate with a blanket in it. He got very weak and was walking very slow and stiffly. I put a litterbox with very low side near where he wanted to lie so he would not have to go far.

I know about watching for signs of pain because of his pancreatitis. Signs of pain would be hidging ( but louis never hid) . also sitting in a sort of hunched position like a "meatloaf" for a long time. but with Hunter's large tumor I'm not sure if that affects how he is able to sit/ lie.
or seeming like trying to protect the abdomen. or stiffening if touched there. reacting differently than usual if picked up. (be very gentle when you pick him up. but I'm sure I don't need to tell you that.)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. did not look at the date! I just saw it in recent threads and was so moved I never noticed it was old.
There I am crying for a cat who is probably gone to the Bridge months ago. Both hers and mine.
I would guess he must have died, from what she wrote, it sounds like he did not have much time. maybe she was too sad to write about it here. I hope the poster is doing OK.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. did not look at the date! I just saw it in recent threads and was so moved I never noticed it was old.
There I am crying for a cat who is probably gone to the Bridge months ago. Both hers and mine.
I would guess he must have died, from what she wrote, it sounds like he did not have much time. maybe she was too sad to write about it here. I hope the poster is doing OK.
There might be a post in the Crossing the Bridge Forum if this cat passed on.

amywelch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont know if this kitty is still with the living in which i prey he or she is....Have you tryed the budwig diet for animals....presently my cat was diagnosed with breast cancer....the vet advised me that if surgery was giving it would not be a guarenty that she (spawnie) would be ok........and the cost for putty my kitty down was expensive......i have had spawnie for 8 years and i wasnt going to give up on her.....the tumour ended up with a hole a few days after seeing the vet......and then it got infected.....the vet said this was normal and this is what happens well i wasnt about to let this hapen.....spawnie weighed 6 lbs 6 ozs and being the smallest of the litter really scared me......she lost i swear 3 lbs in less then 2 weeks and then didnt really want to eat and wasnt really moving.......i knew that i had to do something fast........i changed her diet and started her on the budwig diet which is flaxseed oil and 1% cottage cheese.....at first it was a hard time getting her to eat it but now she eats the whole mix....now remember this is a cat that was giving little time to live and that i should put her down within 2 weeks........well that was in the middle of january....she has now gain back 2lbs and is eatting like a little horse since her new food and diet program.....within 2 days she was up and walking around.....within 3 days she was sitting beside me and purring......within 4 days she was a happy kitty looking out the window with the sunshine on her within 5 days she was able to eat her dinner without getting sick////////within 6 days she was playing with her mouse lazer..............then i was out of town for 2 days when my hubby figured it wouldnt hurt if she missed her budwig diet dinner......when i came home the 3 day she was not feeling good and really not eatting and back to sleeping all the time.....i almost lost it when i found out that he figured it was ok to miss the diet.............well she is back on track and back on her diet.......her tumour isnt as big as it was and a part of a small tumor came out which i talked to the vet all the way through and she is actually suprised with the progress that spawnie has been making and has charted everything i am doing at this moment in spawnies life..........i am not going to give up on my loving spawnie and of course spawnie isnt giving up either..........i talked to spawnie about what i am doing and even used a kitty dome at first so she couldnt give me a hard time about taking the diet............im not saying it will be a life saver but its worth a try and if it works out great.....and if it doesnt at least i know she is not in pain and will pass away a happy kitty...............we are just in the beggining stages of using this diet so i can not tell you if it works completely as we have a long journey ahead but i have faith that she will over come this as long as we do what we must.........God Bless and Good Luck   Oh and it is now march 4th and we started this diet feb the 12th  and spawnie says give a big hug to kitty...................

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This cat passed on in October. There is a thread in Crossing the Bridge Forum. I am now going to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.