My cat huffs at me..wierd???

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper's Girl-Human tells the story of one of her former cats that used to do that when he was peeved off at you.

If he came to beg treats from you but you refused to give him any, he would squint his eyes at you and go, "Huff!" as he walked away!

downton ali

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My guy is a major huffer, which I interpret as him being annoyed at someone trying to pet him, someone invades his space, someone doesn't feed him when he wants to be fed. On and On. He's an expressive, vocal guy.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yup. Sassy just huffs sometimes. Usually to indicate that she's done with play time (solo or with me) or that she is satisfied with her bath. Cats make all kinds of noises!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse is very quiet and rarely meows, and purrs are almost silent. Sometimes he comes up to me (silently of course, he is a stealth hunter cat 😂) and to get my attention he stretches up with one paw then taps me gently and gives a little huff. Funny guy. 😻

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean like a grunt or a sigh? Kabby grunts sometimes, more now that he's older. I think their throat muscles loose some elasticity when they age, that's also why older animals snore.