My cat has white poop

Cat_lover45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat has white feces and she seems normal but i know whenever she is unwell she doesn’t show it. i am really worried for her, does anyone know what it could possibly be? i attached a photo. i cant afford to go to the vets anymore because i spent all of my savings and current pay checks on the energy bills :( completely devastated i have no idea on what to do

Attachments

profcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only see a little bit here that looks lighter in color, and from my years having cats, that looks really normal to me. But why is she pooping outside of the box? That could be an indication that she is sick, or maybe that her box needs cleaning. Is she eating well?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, my cat has white feces and she seems normal but i know whenever she is unwell she doesn’t show it. i am really worried for her, does anyone know what it could possibly be? i attached a photo. i cant afford to go to the vets anymore because i spent all of my savings and current pay checks on the energy bills :( completely devastated i have no idea on what to do
I just Googled cats with "White Poop" Seems that most opinions are that the cat has some parasite. Perhaps worms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat_lover45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I only see a little bit here that looks lighter in color, and from my years having cats, that looks really normal to me. But why is she pooping outside of the box? That could be an indication that she is sick, or maybe that her box needs cleaning. Is she eating well?
Hey, thanks for your reply. I've never seen her do a poop like this before. and the reason why she pooped outside of the letterbox is because we have guests over and they keep shutting the bathroom door on the cats :/ She's eating and drinking well, we switched dry food in february and she's been drinking wayyyy more often now.

Cat_lover45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just Googled cats with "White Poop" Seems that most opinions are that the cat has some parasite. Perhaps worms.
i saw that too but she takes half a milpro tablet every month. has dewormer stopped working on your cat before?

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i saw that too but she takes half a milpro tablet every month. has dewormer stopped working on your cat before?
Neither of my boys have had worms since I got them in 2019. Both are strictly indoor cats. They have had very little health issues.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
the reason why she pooped outside of the letterbox is because we have guests over and they keep shutting the bathroom door on the cats :/ She's eating and drinking well, we switched dry food in february and she's been drinking wayyyy more often now.
Are your guests still staying with you? If so I hope you were able to explain the importance of the cats using their litter box. One suggestion would be to put the litter box right outside the bathroom door until your guests leave.

The reason they are drinking more is because dry food increases their thirst. You may want to consider going back to feeding canned food and offering dry only as a snack.

Cat_lover45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are your guests still staying with you? If so I hope you were able to explain the importance of the cats using their litter box. One suggestion would be to put the litter box right outside the bathroom door until your guests leave.

The reason they are drinking more is because dry food increases their thirst. You may want to consider going back to feeding canned food and offering dry only as a snack.
Update : i managed to go to the vet earlier today and he cleared her, he said she might’ve eaten bones or something that isn’t food. considering the guests leave their leftovers on the table she might’ve had a nibble at their food. the guests are absolutely ridiculous. they’re still here but they’re not respecting the rules of the household. they come back home late and allow the cats to leave without letting us know , i cannot ask them to leave since this is not my house but it is my mothers. thank you for the suggestion, i think i’ll go back to wetfood.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If dogs eat too many bones, which is much more likely to happen in dogs versus cats, their poop can turn completely white.