My cat has Horner's Syndrome

sweet emotion

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had her ears cleaned while he was sedated during teeth cleaning. After he got home I noticed his third eyelid covering his right eye. Has been this way for 2 1/2 weeks now and he won't or can't eat his dry food. The vet tells me he probably had an ear infection and cleaning the ears resulted in Horner's Syndrome. He cannot negotiate dry food in his mouth, just looks at it and walks away. He shows no sign of dizziness, just the eye lid and is always hungry for his wet food. The vet says this "may" clear up in 6-8 weeks, but so far I haven't seen much progress. I am giving him daily ear drops to combat any infection.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site.  There is a lot of knowledge and experience here.  I do not personally have any experience with Horner's Syndrome but did find an excellent article about it at the VCA Hospitals site that explains it and tells you what to expect better than I could.  Good luck -- so sorry your cat is going through this.  Hopefully his will clear up as most of them do.  I the meantime, dry food isn't necessary for him -- just make sure he gets enough wet food to keep him well fed.

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/horners-syndrome-in-cats