My Cat has developed a weird spot on her nose (pics inside)

chestercheese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat also has this at the same spot too.. Did anyone find out what it is? It will be very helpful.. thanks a lot..

note wara

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to revive this old thread,  but I think this information might help other people who are wondering the same.

My cat developed a dark spot that looked like a mole over a few days. At first ,I was so surprised that I don't remember he had a mole at that spot before. 

Then I looked at old photos just a week earlier to confirm that It wasn't there before.

I took my cat to the vet and she basically scratch it off.

She said it was a bacterial infection and after a week of antibiotic he was fine.

Hope this help. This may not be the case with your cat.

If you are searching for this , take your cat to the vet asap.

mytienlien

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 20 year-old cat developed a smudge/scab in his nose in the exact same location as Willow. In fact it started out looking the same and within weeks it looked just like Willow's nose. We suspected that it was a bacterial or fungal infection, so we dabbed his nose with a general antiseptic (diluted Nolvasan) 3x a day for 4 days. Initially we did not see any change, but on the fifth day the (what we now believe to be) scab fell off on its own, revealing new healthy skin underneath. Still don't know for sure if it was an infection or just a scab from a wound, but it's gone now!

lcat4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 17 year old cat gets something that looks like this on his nose all the time, but it's dried food.  He's not grooming himself as well as he once did, the food gets caught up in his fur, and becomes one with the fur and skin on his nose.  It looks like he has a scab.  Every few days I gently scrub his nose with a wet soft wash cloth, and his nose is back to being clean and pink.