My cat has came in with this? HELP!!!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I see the skin injury but am trying to figure out what I am seeing on Loki's underbelly. Can you offer more information about what we are looking at?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lacawii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, it’s like the top of his front leg/shoulder area

And that’s my hand

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he goes outside this could be from a cat fight, or something he squeezed into/through that scraped him. Or it could be any number of other things. Is it sensitive to the touch? It doesn't seem like there is any blood, unless you wiped that area off. For now, if you have access to chamomile tea, you can try that to see if it helps clean it up.
Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest should he do so.

In the meantime, don't let him back outside if you think that is where he got injured or got into something.

Lacawii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah he’s an outdoor cat with a habit of fighting and hunting, there was no blood just clear stuff, I’ve locked his cat flap and he’s in the for foreseeable, I will buy chamomile tea in the morning. Thank you for your help

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
:yeah: I have dealt with many ferals and this looks like there is a puncture in the middle of the lesion.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

Lacawii

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s being watched like a hawk, still wanting to play and wanting attention. And being himself