My Cat Has Been Sneezing A Lot

Krystal02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted my cat from the humane society and his records show that he was tested for feline flu, he tested negative. He has always been a sneezer though and recently it has gotten worse, he has been sneezing A LOT and occassionally will blow snot and boogers everywhere. However, he does not have any nose or eye discharge and he is still energetic and eatting everything in sight, it is just the sneezing. Is this something I should have looked at? I am looking at a vet bill of over $100 as pet hospitals are expensive here. I just want to make sure that it is not something will just pass in time.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There are a LOT of other things this could be, some very simple, some...not so much, and a very few fairly dire. HOWEVER, and I know vets are expensive, the one thing that holds true for ALL of them is...sooner tended, sooner mended. If this has been going on longer than a few days, then it probably will not clear up on its own. Since it is getting worse, I'd go ahead and make an appointment for him.

PLEASE let us know what the vet says!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You do probably need a vet visit, especially with all the stuff he's sneezing out.
In order to help him, is your litter really dusty? Can you change that, and also what about things you might have in your living space such as scented candles, air fresheners (spray and diffusers), strongly scented cleaners, strongly scented dryer sheets, body perfumes and scented soaps, mold, bug killer...

Also, try putting him into a bathroom with a steamy shower for 10 minutes or so, a couple times a day. The warm steam will help ease his airways :)