My cat has been missing for 3 days :(

parisinthe30sx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't lose hope.she could still be nearby. My cat had to of seen her siblings in the windows and I also walk two of them on a leash with my dogs every morning And it still took a bit for her to come back. So don't think she's not nearby just because she hasn't come back yet. Cats are survivalists, THey are smart and resourceful. I don't know if you are or not but I wouldn't leave food out unless your outside, it might bring other animals around and scare her off. Maybe someone picked her up? keep going door to door in your neighborhood to see if anyone has seen her. try looking a little further away to see if anyone put out found cat flyers. I know it's nerve wracking and devastating when a pet is lost, but don't give up. Leave some of her beds and toys with t-shirts with your scent on them, I'm telling you, it works! Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's just so baffling! She likes me but she LOVES my husband and she likes snuggling between us in bed at night. Why would she want to be out in crappy weather and not at home with her favorite toy and food and her siblings???

We don't leave food out because we have so many other cats around the neighborhood, plus there are raccoons and possums. I told my husband I saw online about leaving out her bedding or dumping out the contents of the vacuum cleaner outside so she would pick up her scent, but my husband thought that was silly because she KNOWS where she lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mapper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a cruel trick! It wasn't done on purpose, but it was heartbreaking. I went for a walk on a trail near our house this afternoon. At one point you either have to choose to go left or right. 99% of the time I go left but today I decided to go right. About 50 yards down the trail there is a cat sitting just by the side of the trail. It looked EXACTLY like Skittles! Not only that, but it immediately came up to me meowing and rubbing on me. I couldn't believe I had just stumbled upon her. She wasn't wearing a collar but appeared to have been outside for a while as her fur wasn't in the best shape but everything pointed to it being her. I was just about to pick her up and take her home when I remembered that her back left leg is almost entirely orange and I checked it.....and there wasn't any orange on it! Then someone walking a dog came by and she ran into the bushes.

Really, what are the chances that I would go a different way for a change, run into a cat that looks like her and comes up to me and it's not her??!!