my cat has a fungal infection that wont leave his body

TrainRack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we are treating him and he used to have a lot of fungal infections before but we treated them a while back. He had this infection from a few weeks ago and its not curing yet. i know this because there are more tiny black dots apearing on his skin
32DF9B14-2B6A-4A5A-BCA2-A7A15BE7E6CC.jpeg

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has he seen a vet? Or are you trying to treat at home?
Same question. Were these current spots ever tested to make sure it was a fungus so that it was treated appropriately?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
if it's an infection the vet can help. He will determine what it is and treat it,assuming antibiotics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TrainRack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has, the vet gave us medicine, Antifungal cream and spray but it doesnt seem to work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TrainRack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They were, the doctor used a blue light to check if it was fungus and it was

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He has, the vet gave us medicine, Antifungal cream and spray but it doesnt seem to work
Maybe you like to get Colloidal Silver and apply on the infected spot? There are a few brands out there and they come either in eye dropper type or atomizer.

I'm using the Absolute Plus for my boy for other applications.
IMG_0068.jpg IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_9079.JPG

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Collodial Silver can be toxic especially if ingested. Not sure why people continue to use this as its effectiveness in only anecdotal and could be a coincidence when it "works". It's certainly not going to get rid of a stubborn fungal infection. Finally these products have no science behind them, don't know anything about how they were manufactured and you never know what the proper dosage is even if it could be helpful.

I'd bring the cat to another vet, possibly a dermatologist who will be more specialized in skin disorders. They could take samples to analyze to figure out exactly what fungus is causing the problem. There are more than several types of fungus and not all get treated the same.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Collodial Silver can be toxic especially if ingested. Not sure why people continue to use this as its effectiveness in only anecdotal and could be a coincidence when it "works". It's certainly not going to get rid of a stubborn fungal infection. Finally these products have no science behind them, don't know anything about how they were manufactured and you never know what the proper dosage is even if it could be helpful.
Well, I've been using it on my boy for a number of years already and so far so good. I've a relative whose cat has fungus on her nose and colloidal silver cleared it. So maybe it works for some.

the vet gave us medicine, Antifungal cream and spray but it doesnt seem to work
Yes, as others have mentioned, check with the other vets is the best.