My cat has a bump on the bridge of his nose

Flora1980

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 12 year old cat has a bump on the bridge of his nose I notice last week. He is an in door cat . I took him to the vet and my vet said it looks like a cyst. Was wondering if anyone had this problem before and they could give me some information. I so worry that it is something else .

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is your cat sneezing?
Is there any discharge? If yes, what colour?

If there is a cat specific vet in your area I would recommend a second opinion. There is a fungal infection that can cause swelling along the sinuses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flora1980

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No not sneezing and no discharge I notice it a week ago and took him in . He does flare up with sore on his body due to allergies.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you know what his allergies are? Transfering him to a limited ingredient diet might reduce the sores. Especially if you're able to figure out what ingredients are causing the problems.

There are many different kinds of Limited Ingredient Diets you can try: Purina, Merrick, Blue Buffalo, Instinct and Nutro all have single protein diets.

Outdoor allergens a bit more tricky, but you can get HEPA filters for most vacuums on Amazon to reduce the allergens in your home. You can also get one for your furnace if you have one and allergen covers for furniture (like mattresses). We bought ours slowly over time to not break the bank!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If it is at least semi 'squishy' and moveable, it certainly could be a cyst. What did the vet say to do about it, or what to watch for? If nothing else, take pics frequently to watch for growth and changes that you can share with the vet. If it contains fluid, the vet might/should have aspirated it for further analysis, IMO.

If he has had allergy flare ups before, have they ever affected his nose? What kind of allergies?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flora1980

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The last few years he had dermatoses every year for a few months. Due to weather change. Always affected his skin ( fur) never his nose . The vet told me just to watch and if it bothers him to bring him back and he give him a shot . That he does not think it cancer because it be more in the bone .

nartyteek

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My old boy had an infected tooth. It appeared normal in his mouth, but the root had absessed to the point where his nose looked broken and his nostril pinched shut.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The last few years he had dermatoses every year for a few months. Due to weather change. Always affected his skin ( fur) never his nose . The vet told me just to watch and if it bothers him to bring him back and he give him a shot . That he does not think it cancer because it be more in the bone .
Check with your vet to get him antihistamines for the season then. It'll make him more comfortable for sure ☺