My cat had yellowish brown liquid come out from down there and she’s pregnant

Janita aqeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she’s about to give birth I’m not sure if her water broke cause she keeps licking and meowing.
The brownish water came out about 19 hours prior

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Janita aqeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she’s about to give birth I’m not sure if her water broke cause she keeps licking and meowing.
The brownish water came out about 19 hours prior
She’s been purring and crying like proper tears are coming from her eyes

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This fluid, did it come once; but no more? Any peculiar smell? If just once happening, and no unpleasant smell, it was probably the mucose plug. Its often greenish or reddish, but may vary...

This is to wait EXPECT, as she shall deliver soon as you say. I guess the first stadiums of labor has began,
prelabor can be quite long.
The selve active labor with pushing; IS short, if more than half an hour, do worry.

If she has more potentially alarming signs, contact your vet...

They CAN get sick although preg...

If she eats, give her something calcium rich, anything she eats and you have at hand... Too little calcium may cause weak labor.

J Janita aqeel

Last edited:

Janita aqeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This fluid, did it come once; but no more? Any peculiar smell? If just once happening, and no unpleasant smell, it was probably the mucose plug. Its often greenish or reddish, but may vary...

This is to wait, as she shall deliver soon as you say. I guess the first stadiums of labor has began,
prelabor can be quite long.
The selve active labor with pushing; short, if more than half an hour, do worry.

If she has more potentially alarming signs, contact your vet...

They CAN get sick although preg...

If she eats, give her something calcium rich, anything she eats and you have at hand... Too little calcium may cause weak labor.

J Janita aqeel
Yes it did come out once(that I’ve seen) as she just kept licking but now she has stopped excess licking
She is eating so I’ll try to give her sm that included calcium
Thank you ☺

Janita aqeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE! She gave birth to an unfortunately dead baby, the baby already looked weekend and malnourished at 3:30 pm KSA time yesterday and for 6 hours she didn’t give birth to any other babies so I took her to the vet. They gave her 2 injections and as soon as I reached home she gave birth to two healthy beautiful kittens Alhamdulillah

But she is breathing heavily while feeding her kittens. Is this normal?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, nursing is hard work and she may be having after pains, but often heavy breathing is a sign of low calcium. Low calcium can lead to seizures.

Give her a bit of milk or cream to drink right away, then buy a can of powdered kitten formula and see that she gets a dish or two a day. She needs the extra calcium for nursing.

You can also crush an egg shell very finely and sprinkle a bit on her wet food. Cheese and plain, full fat yogurt are calcium rich as well.

Good to hear she has two healthy kittens. So sorry for the stillborn.

J Janita aqeel

Last edited: