My cat had only one kitten

pandabear83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK my cat Wanda is almost 2 yrs old and is having her second litter of kittens. Her first litter were 3 kittens. She is about due but 2days ago she was bleeding just a lil bit and I watched her all morning but got busy cuz of the kids. When I got home from picking up my kids . She had one kitten in my son's closet and had started to eat it. Well that's it. Only had the one kitten.... She is still big and no more blood and she is walking around just fine. Should I be worried? She is eating normally....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pandabear83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 372296Ok i stated earlier that she had only one kitten..... Well she is still pregnant..... She just had the one and i was wondering if she still is gonna be alright? 2days since the bleeding and the one kitten. She still having more i can see and feel them. Is the one kitten like a miscarriage? Like i said she is eating and acting normal.

pandabear83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She started to but I took him away. I didn't let finish. She had got to 2 back legs and that's it

pandabear83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I'm really bad at explain myself in words. The kitten was dead when I got to him. I'm just really wondering about her and the other kittens?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like something was wrong with the first baby and she delivered early.

As long as she is not in distress she should be fine, and have the rest soon, but it can take days, so just try not to be away from her too long or too much in case she needs assisting or has trouble.

Please plan to get her butt spayed after this herd is finished nursing.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should be fine.  It's good that you can feel the other kittens moving. It isn't unusual for cats to give birth days apart since they can conceive days apart.  This way each kitten should be born after developing fully.  The first kitten may have had a problem as Catwoman707 stated in your earlier thread.

If you are concerned, you can call your vet and make him/her aware there may be complications with the rest of the birth.  We've seen this go different ways in this forum.  Usually the rest of the kittens are fine, sometimes the rest of the litter is stillborn and rarely the cat needs vet help to deliver.  She may still deliver the rest of the litter on different days.

Last edited by a moderator: