• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
These are miyah at about 6 weeks pregnant

This is Miyah about a week ago

And here are her and the kittens

The pics of her and the kittens are not the greatest but I didnt want to bother them so I was trying to stay far away.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miyah is beautiful and the kittens all look very cute. Quite a mix of colours you've got there.

I hope it all continues to go well, I'm so sorry about the ones you lost.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, she was sooo big! I bet she will feel so much lighter now
The kittens look beautiful and you are doing a good job of respecting her privacy. She will take care of business and you will be amazed at how easy the first few weeks go. When the kittens get mobile you might want to get a large crate

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous! And the kittens are adorable!

Just be careful of flashes right now. Their eyes are not fully developed (which is why they are closed) so the bright light can hurt them. Best off leaving them with Mom, and if you do need extra light, take the pics while their faces are buried in Mom and eyes are safe.

Once they open their eyes you can use the flash and take better pictures. Even then, some recommend using something over hte flash to dim the brightness a bit But at least there is very little, if any, chance of damage to them at that point.

KMR is a brand of kitten milk replacement -- hence the intitials. LOL If you have another brand, that's fine.

Some people give the cat some kmr while she's nursing, the nutrients can't hurt, if she likes it. Especially since she's gone through so much and will be, and can use any building up she can get. But as long as you're leaving out a good quality kitten food that she can eat as much as she needs anytime she wants, that's fine.

I'm so glad to hear your hubby is home. Thank you both making the sacrifices for us that you have made.

I agree with those who say she probably had a 2nd litter. Cats can be impregnated by two males, in fact many litters do have more than one father, one of the reasons for so many different colors and patterns. It's rarer that the pregnancies happen that far apart, but it does happen, and usually this is the outcome; the mother's body will care for and deliver the first, and not really sustain the 2nd, so it's usually a stillborn litter. Best for the Mom this way too.

She was big, and that was a strain on her body. As sad as it it, if they had been born living, she couldn't have handled that many and they would have died, and then it would have been a slow, suffering starvation, or would have been killed. Nature has a way of doing the right thing most times.

And I know it amazes us when we discover they really don't need us to fuss over them. LOL I'm glad she's doing all those things, a good sign that all is well.

The pictures were wonderful. As I talked about before, do interract starting tomrrow. And get her used to you being near, because the more people-oriented the kittens are, the better chances they have of finding great homes. As long as Mom is okay with it and not stressed out, you're not bothering her or them. I personally believe it's best until they open their eyes to play with them only while they're in the box with Mom, but I do play with them. Several times a day. When their eyes open, they know me.

If you want to see Rocky (and don't feel obligated to look, but I have to try and brag anyway LOL you'll see what I mean by looking for me. This is shortly after their eyes opened.

After you go through all the cuteness attacks of all the adorables you see here, you'll come across one of a little guy with two white little cheeks (I just can't help pinching them every time I see them) peeking over a box that says "premium decaffienate" (about as opposite an idea with him as you can get. LOL) That's my Rocky, and the 3 pictures above are him now.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85171

Keep up informed!

I'm so glad everyone is doing well!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG SKittles is getting big like that also and she has almost 2 weeks to go
How are mom and babies doing this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well this morning, or I guess that it is already afternoon, mom and kittens are doing great. I really am lucky to have such a wonderful loving kitty. She ate last night and today she came out and was looking for the our male kitty, Malcom, when she found him it was like she told him all about it. They were rubbing noses and he was licking her head and they were just so lovey dovy with each other it was very cute.

Miyah has been great with the kittens. I went in this morning to clean the bedding and she followed me right back in there, so I didnt want to mess with the kittens and she just came up and sat in my lap and started loving all over me, but as soon as one of the babies made a noise she was right there to make sure that they were all right.

Momof3rugratz for skittles sake I hope that she doesnt have 14 kitties in her belly. Miyah sure was miserable at the end. Thanks again to everyone for all of the help and support.

Melissa