My cat had kittens!!!Pics!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!!!: The kittens are now 8 days old! I looked at them last night and the eyes are starting to open on 2 of them!!! I'm rubbing them with warm water every couple hours to help them open. Once fully open I will be sure to take pics and post them!

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Well, I know there are clinics that will spay sats that young, but don't you think that there sould be some kind of health risk to having them fixed that young???I mean, if it was fine to get them fixed at that age without risks, don't you think all the vets would do it? I mean, how can they go in and alter/remove something that isn't even fully developed yet? I think it's too dangerous. Plus, just because some people will do it doesn't mean it is good for your cat.
There is no more a risk spaying at 2#'s versus 6 months. I was nervous when Kirra was spayed when she reached 2#'s at 10 weeks but she did great and bounced back faster than any of the older cats i have had spayed before. To say that just because all the vets dont do it doesnt make it right, isnt a good arguement because look at human doctors, there are some old fashion stucklers out there and if they would get with the times their patients would be better cared for.

Its scary but its safe and best for everyone the sooner the better.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i didn't know u had to wipe the kitten's eye's when there starting to open?? mine opend on there own without any problem's ? did i do wrong?

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You don't have to wipe the eyes. I just read that if you soak a rag with warm water and wipe the kittens eyes with it it will help them to open faster. I did it with anpther litter of kittens and it seemed to help. Anyways, can't hurt, seems to make sense too.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would have thought that it was better to leave them to open on there own when there ready there ready i would be to scared of hurting them i don't much like cleaning the older cat's eye's when he get's a bulid up but i have to he dosn't like it 1 bit lol

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. LOL! when my male cat was a kitten he had eye problems and I always had to clean his eye boogies. Although, that wasn't half as bad as his sneezes. In the morning he would lay on my pillow right in front of my face and would wait for me to wake up. As soon as I woke up he would blow a huge wad of boogers all over my face. Personally, I think he planned it all every morning. Arggg...heehee.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malikitty

There is no more a risk spaying at 2#'s versus 6 months. I was nervous when Kirra was spayed when she reached 2#'s at 10 weeks but she did great and bounced back faster than any of the older cats i have had spayed before. To say that just because all the vets dont do it doesnt make it right, isnt a good arguement because look at human doctors, there are some old fashion stucklers out there and if they would get with the times their patients would be better cared for.

Its scary but its safe and best for everyone the sooner the better.
Here is a good study that shows that there is no greater risk at 2 months as opposed to 6 months and due to the fact that kittens can get pregnant as early as 4 months...it helps to ensure that they will never add to the overpopulation:

http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/repo...ly-neuter.html

Katie

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by XxtashaxX

i would have thought that it was better to leave them to open on there own when there ready there ready i would be to scared of hurting them i don't much like cleaning the older cat's eye's when he get's a bulid up but i have to he dosn't like it 1 bit lol
I always let the kittens eyes open on their own.

Katie