My cat had kittens outside

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, just hang in there. She's still getting used to you if it's only been 2 weeks that you've had her. She may be missing her old home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebecca87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Shes been around me for two years her previous owner kept her outside and didnt pay her no attention

rebecca87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I looked on line if she is pregnant and further a long than i think she may be between the 50-60 day mark

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww. It's so nice you've given her a loving home!

She's definitely pregnant. It's just hard for me to know how far along she is from her picture. Since she's had kittens before, she may look bigger earlier on. She may have a couple of weeks left.

rebecca87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ty i believe she is a calico shes a very pretty cat when a cat is prego i barely touched her stomach and it felt like something scratched her on the inside lije a actual nail but im not sure

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is pretty! I love calico cats. I had one that lived to be 21 years old!

I think you probably felt her babies move! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just checking in before going out on my errands and see you added your location, which is Douglasville (GA).  That is great news because it means you have access to Project CatSnip, a low-cost mobile vet that comes to your area (they go to both Douglasville and Dallas, as well as a lot of other places not too far from you.)  You said your vet charges $100 for an exam.  CatSnip has a vaccine clinic after its spay/neuter appointments and they would probably be glad to examine her for $10 -- exam would be free if she were getting any vaccines or worming or flea medicine, but not good to vaccinate a pregnant cat.  Unfortunately they are not going to be in your area until next month (Dallas on the 9th, Douglasville on the 11th) but they have their schedule posted on their web site and they will be a great place for you to get worm medicine, vaccines, and eventually get the mama cat spayed.  Right now there is a group in Cartersville that will give CatSnip $25 towards any spay, and since CatSnip only charges $55 for a spay, that means it would only cost you $30 to get her done (IF the group is still doing that by the time she is ready, which is months away).  There is no exam fee at the vaccine clinics, so your only cost there is what they charge for the vaccines, which means you can afford to take the proper health care of this cat without going broke.  (You need a regular vet for illness care, but she may never be ill!)

Here is the Schedule/Locations page for ProjectCatsnip, and you can click on the various other tabs to see their prices etc.

http://projectcatsnip.com/schedule/

Also, I have just reviewed all the messages here and it looks like you were never given our "reading list" for the Pregnant Cats & Kittens Forum, since initially you said the kittens were already born, so I will give you that now.  Reading these articles will answer a lot of questions, even those you didn't know to ask!

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, you will be very knowledgeable about the whole process.  You can still ask us questions, of course, but these articles should answer a lot of them.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

View media item 212113How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

Last edited: