My Cat Had 4 Kittens But It Still Pfegnant

Mysticalmommyof4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had 4 kittens between 12 and 3am and is still in labor. Least night I could see the kitten moving inside her a d when she contracted nothing happened. She has been like this all day. She has gotten up and laid in the Lightroom and finally when I brought a kitten to her she went back upstairs. She is still contracting and nothing is happening. How much longer should I wait to call someone??

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can take up to a day or two before delivering kittens. If you see her panting, straining, or heaving for more than 30 minutes, and a kitten doesn’t come out, then you’d need to call the vet right away.

See this article: Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pauses as such are common, they may be quite long. If everything is OK, no visible troubles, you can typically wait and see - do observe because its touchy, but calmly wait.
HERE as she seems to be in continued labor, its more alarming.
Contact your vet immediately, and be prepared to rush her in.
Very probably an emergency surgery is needed.

My cat had 4 kittens between 12 and 3am and is still in labor. Least night I could see the kitten moving inside her a d when she contracted nothing happened. She has been like this all day. She has gotten up and laid in the Lightroom and finally when I brought a kitten to her she went back upstairs. She is still contracting and nothing is happening. How much longer should I wait to call someone??