My cat got spayed last thursday and I don’t know if this is normal

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys!

I’m new to this site and my cat got spayed 12/16/21. She has always has her cone on since then, she also doesn’t move around much unless its morning. In the morning she tries her hardest to stay way from my brother and I and climb on anything she can. I already emailed my vet but they haven’t replyed yet so I decided to ask here. Is this normal or should I have it checked out? 72FEAABD-F777-4953-81F6-91A00FBFC3E2.jpeg
72FEAABD-F777-4953-81F6-91A00FBFC3E2.jpeg
9FEE022F-A74E-4014-A323-165163007E6B.jpeg
179B08FA-9690-48D7-9ADB-E9F66245518D.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they used stitches but they’re internal and dissolvable.

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did they use glue or stitches on the outside?
they used stitches but they’re internal and dissolvable(i also posted this reply on accident)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like how it looks but I don't think it's actually infected. If she hasn't been allowed to lick it at all, it might just be crusty. Plus being a little sunk in due to chubby tummy :lol: . At this point, maybe take the cone off for a few minutes and let her clean herself up a bit, then take another look.

Does your vet have a way you can send them the pictures to get their opinion?

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really like how it looks but I don't think it's actually infected. If she hasn't been allowed to lick it at all, it might just be crusty. Plus being a little sunk in due to chubby tummy :lol: . At this point, maybe take the cone off for a few minutes and let her clean herself up a bit, then take another look.

Does your vet have a way you can send them the pictures to get their opinion?
yeah I already emailed them some photos and im waiting for their response. just wanted to get someone elses opinion. Thank you for the help! :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has come apart a little bit but is dry and healing fine. I have had cats do this often and they healed fine. If it gets an angry red and starts oozing, THEN bring her in, it is infected, or send a picture to the vet and ask for an antibiotic. I put mine in a liquid treat and they take it every time. It looks good to me, I too would ask the vet if you can remove the cone, my cats have never used one, and healed fine. PS stop chasing her if you can, maybe approach her and stroke her until she rolls on her back to see the site once a day. A sick or infected cat will hide, stop eating and drinking.

gabgavs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys!

I’m new to this site and my cat got spayed 12/16/21. She has always has her cone on since then, she also doesn’t move around much unless its morning. In the morning she tries her hardest to stay way from my brother and I and climb on anything she can. I already emailed my vet but they haven’t replyed yet so I decided to ask here. Is this normal or should I have it checked out?View attachment 405135View attachment 405135View attachment 405136View attachment 405137
okay uh update. my cats scab did come off a little bit and does look very pink and raw. i did call the clinic and i am waiting for a reply to the pictures that i sent. here are what it looks like now:
06ACC2BB-FF9B-45F2-BF6D-88968B2497D0.jpeg
A4B35278-8A6E-4E1E-B0F5-6C3A07F2035F.jpeg

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks good to me. as long as there is no drainage, (watery clear is OK), she should continue to heal. How is she acting? Pretty normal, or has she stopped eating, etc. If that drainage I see does get worse, or turns thick and white or yellow, she needs an antibiotic.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks good! I was worried about it being all crusty before, but without the crustiness it looks fine. The bloody spot doesn't look like a problem with the incision; just an irritated bit where the scab came off, it should dry up soon.