My cat follows my every move to bite my feet!

crystalluvscats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat will stay by my side at all times, follow me every where and grab my feet and bite and grab them. Its kind of a love bite type bite but when I fuss her for it she turns so vicious.. then she is meaning to attack.. why is she doing this?! She will literally cry at my door when I throw her out room for being mean and when I can't take hearing her cry and let her back in she still comes in wanting my feet. If I sit still she is fine, it's when I walk to where ever.. she just started this a few weeks now so I haven't a clue.. any ideas!?

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Is she quite young?

For cats, play mimics hunting behaviour so she's actually practicing her hunting skills on your feet. Usually a sharp "no" or hiss followed by ignoring them will get them to stop, as that's what another cat would do to teach them, but if you find that doesn't work you can try redirecting her with a toy.

Carry a toy (wand toys work well) with you when you know she's in that mood, and use it to distract her before she gets to the pint of attacking your feet. Eventually, she'll forget the feet as something fun to attack.

If you're curious, here are a few links to the rationale and some ideas for cat play. They may help you find something that will redirect her.
[article="0"]Cat Play The Rules Of The Game  [/article][article="32656"]Playing With Your Cat 10 Things You Need To Know  [/article]
Good Luck!