My cat fell off the balcony please help me.

douan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 year old cat fell from the 4th floor. I realised it in around 10 minutes. I immediately took her to vet, however I couldn't trust my vet because they didn't do much but since it's too late in the day I have to wait 8 more hours for vets to open up. So I need your help.
The vets took an ultrasound and gave her an injection. Although they were really unprofessional.

My cat has been sleeping since we came, I applied a cream on her bleeding foot. Will she be okay for the next 8 hours? I won't sleep the whole night. She didn't drink, eat anything and she didn't use her litterbox.
She doesn't respond very much. She is able to walk but she won't do it. She also makes a sad noise when I move her (I am really careful about it and I only moved her bed to make space for my chair).

Please help please tell me anything useful or share your thoughts thank you sorry for long post!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
She will be ok. I'm surprised they didn't take an xray instead. Cats are very good at healing on thier own just don't move her so it heals and she probably is in pain

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not sure what to tell you, but if the injection was some sort of pain med, that could be the reason she is sleeping and not eating/drinking at this time. It might have made her groggy. Give her a comfy spot, and move her water/food dish, as well as her litterbox, nearby - for ease of use. If the litter box you currently have is high sided or hard to get into for a wounded cat, set up a cardboard box lid to her to use instead. You could even line it with puppy pee pads, or washable towels so that she doesn't get litter in the wound.

What was the ultrasound for, and what did they tell you about the results? Did they give you any other medications to give to her to get her through until the vet opens up? If things appear to get worse, do you have an ER vet to take her to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

douan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She will be ok. I'm surprised they didn't take an xray instead. Cats are very good at healing on thier own just don't move her so it heals and she probably is in pain
Thank you for the relief. They did an outside exam of her bones, and they said they don't think she needs an xray. Thanks for making me face the truth by telling me that she's probably in pain. I won't move her, and is it okay that she has been napping (not dead) for the last 10ish hours? Still 7 hours until vets open...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

douan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am not sure what to tell you, but if the injection was some sort of pain med, that could be the reason she is sleeping and not eating/drinking at this time. It might have made her groggy. Give her a comfy spot, and move her water/food dish, as well as her litterbox, nearby - for ease of use. If the litter box you currently have is high sided or hard to get into for a wounded cat, set up a cardboard box lid to her to use instead. You could even line it with puppy pee pads, or washable towels so that she doesn't get litter in the wound.

What was the ultrasound for, and what did they tell you about the results? Did they give you any other medications to give to her to get her through until the vet opens up? If things appear to get worse, do you have an ER vet to take her to?
The injection was probably something like that. Thanks for telling me it has side effects like that. I moved her food and water but still nothing. She won't eat for now, but that's okay since she never eats a lot.

The ultrasound was probably for internal bleeding. Is that a thing? Can ultrasound show that? I hope so. They told me that she was fine in the ultrasound.

Yes, they gave me some medication and told me stuff to do. They told me that everytime she goes and uses her litter I should clean her wound. And also that I should apply a cream they gave me (rivanol). Also yes, I can call a pet ambulance if I really need to. Thanks.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Waiting is always the hardest part. If you can even get in a little cat nap to charge your batteries it will help you for later when you have to wake up and drive her there and “be” there for her….will help you to make cogent decisions, whatever they may be.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 2 year old cat fell from the 4th floor. I realised it in around 10 minutes. I immediately took her to vet, however I couldn't trust my vet because they didn't do much but since it's too late in the day I have to wait 8 more hours for vets to open up. So I need your help.
The vets took an ultrasound and gave her an injection. Although they were really unprofessional.

My cat has been sleeping since we came, I applied a cream on her bleeding foot. Will she be okay for the next 8 hours? I won't sleep the whole night. She didn't drink, eat anything and she didn't use her litterbox.
She doesn't respond very much. She is able to walk but she won't do it. She also makes a sad noise when I move her (I am really careful about it and I only moved her bed to make space for my chair).

Please help please tell me anything useful or share your thoughts thank you sorry for long post!
Yes Four floor drop seems scary. When I was in College. A fellow on my dorm floor lost his kitten out the window of his room. The Kitten fell 7 stories landing on the roof of the Entryway. The kitten was rushed to the Veterinarian. The kitten survived. Having two tongue compressors bandaged to the kittens hip. Several weeks passed before the kitten was back to normal.