My Cat Fell From My Flat And Is Still Missing

HamizanAshari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys I need some advice,2 nights ago my 8 month old un-neutured cat fell from my 4th story hdb flat in singapore and is missing till today, my siblings and I have been looking for him putting up posters everywhere day and night. Im very worried as he might be injured from the fall and trapped somewhere. Please help me out, I need some advice.

AVANS687

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear! I hope he's ok from the fall, is there anyway he could have fallen into a trash bin or something on the ground? Could he be trapped behind a fence or between buildings? Any cracks he could have slipped into? Possibly try calling his name and listen closely for his meows. It's possible someone could have found him injured and took him in. Keep asking neighbors and have flyers with his photo and your phone number on them. Usually if cats are sick or injured and feel like they can't defend themselves they go into a place they feel safe to hide from predators. One of my cats got sick once and hid under the fridge. He would come when called and he wouldn't make a sound. We searched for him all over and then brought him to the vet. So be sure to check tight small spaces to see if he's hiding. I once saw a cat hide in those big pipes they had at a construction site. Sorry this is so long just trying to help brainstorm ideas since I'm not sure of the demographics of where you live exactly. I hope this helps! Keep looking and stay positive for his safe return! If he's un-neutered have you noticed him meowing loudly to get out and mate?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HamizanAshari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
AVANS687 AVANS687 ouh man , I did'nt notice him howling before he left.Im worried that he's injured and went into hiding somewhere he may be trapped in like the drainage.He went missing on the same night it was raining heavily.It's very hard to look for him in the drainage because in leads deep down and covered my cement surfaces. I read a thread on the internet that said that I should put food like canned tunas that has a strong smell that could attract him and familiar scent in the same box. Would that work tho ?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are naturally most active around dawn and dusk, so those are good times to look. Carry a flashlight with you so that you can spot little eyes shining back at you. Look in tiny crevases and hidey-holes, and don't forget to look UP as well!

Keeping you and your cat in my prayers, and lighting a candle for you both!
00000000000000000.jpeg