my cat falls a lot

ekekekek07

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat doesn't always realize that he's near the edge of something and he falls off. and tonight i was making the bed and he went to jump on it, but it was pulled away from the wall and he fell to the floor. sometimes when he jumps onto the couch he falls, which is weird b/c he is fully clawed. is this something i should worry about? is he just a bit clumsy? he's my first cat, so i'm curious if this is common. it was cute at first, but now i'm concerned he'll get hurt. other than falling he is alert, active and hyper. maybe it's a result of hyperness.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats are clumsy, but if he's doing this all the time, there may be some neurological problems. I'd talk to the vet and see what he recommends as far as testing.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A cat is usually pretty graceful, but I've seen them fall any number of times when they stepped on an edge they couldn't see, or roll off the edge of a chair or something. They're not perfect.

meztli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat does this at least once a day. The vet believed my cat was injured when he was a kitten (before I adopted him) so this may have caused it.

I saw it is normal. I would take your kitty to the vet for her opinion.