My Cat Eats Alot

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

HYJACK OCCURRING hope the OP does not mind

Thyroid is NOT unheard of in a younger cat thou not common... I would ask the vet to test

the food your feeding is may be the issue .. see lower end foods have less MEAT protein and fat than a more premium food , thus kitty would need more to feel full ... can you try something like Amore ?? or another all meat food..
well she does eat cooked meat like pork, beef and chicken, what are the symptoms of a cat with infected thyroids then? i can't really afford the premium stuff i'm on a tight budget each week so it gets hard to pay for her food and to feed myself as well as paying bills too.

her favorite cat food is the felix roasted variety, she loves that stuff, sometimes i buy the wiskars steamed cooked or the fresh fish and meat variety, they seem to be more expensive than the usual stuff i buy, i can't afford to buy it for her evrytime though that's why i give her cooked meat that i cooked myself.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

One caution - try to stay away from feeding pork. The beef/chicken is fine.
yeah i've just looked up on pork and it seems it's too fattening for a cat to eat, is it also true that it can give them worms? 0_0