My cat doesn't want to go out anymore

ange73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,my cat,called Frankie is 2yrs old and I have had her for about 6months. She has always been an outdoor cat. The lady who I got her from lived in a house with a few other cats and left her Windows open constantly so they could just come and go. I live in a flat and have to go up and down the stairs after coming out of my front door to open the security doors which I really don't mind doing and Frankie has settled in great now and she meows to come back in so all is well there. The problem started about 2 days ago when she woke up. She woke me up,normal time,which is anywhere between half 6 am to half 8am and has a rountine of staying out for a maximum of and hour,then comes back to have her breakfast. After that,her normal routine would be to meow to be let out again and throughout the day,would come back,have some food and go back out again. Well,the past two days have changed. She still woke me up to be let out in the morning but has then stayed in and not wanted to go out. The weather has been windy yesterday and today but if I'm being honest,when I've let her out,she looks scared and really apprehensive about going out. If she does go out,within 15mins or sooner,she is back,meowing up at the window to be let back in. I am really worried about her as this is just not Frankie. She has come on in leaps and bounds since being here as she lived in a house that had 8 other cats and 3 dogs living there so wasn't used to being petted or handeled. She lets me pick her up,stroke her and she sits and sleeps on my knee and on my bed. Do you think something could of spooked her outside for her to not want to go out? I know it sounds silly but I know Frankie and something isn't right. What do I do? Please help me as I am so worried about her. I love her dearly and want her to be happy. Thanks for any advice as I really don't know what to do or what could of caused her behaviour to change and will she stop being scared about going out? Thanks for your help.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, with any behavior change that makes me have a "gut feeling" like you do, regardless of what that feeling is, I take my kitty to the vet. In all honesty, if it were me I'd prefer an indoor only cat :) But I can understand questioning the change completely. It's still something outside the norm for her.

I've never had outdoor cats. I know sometimes cats can get into fights which might make them apprehensive. Or perhaps just bullied.