My Cat Doesn't Seem To Like Me Anymore...help

GoAskAlice98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had my cat for 2 years now. I got him when he was 6 weeks old from a friend's litter. He has littersky been my baby ever since. He has always slept with me in the bed and then every morning would come cuddle me, he would be at the door when I got home wether it was 2 in the afternoon or 2 in the morning, he would fallow me room to room and was always close to my side. I recently moved out and he started acting a little bit strange but still for the most part the same, he mostly hated my boyfriend and would avoid us when he was home. Then I moved back in with my parents, he instantly became more affectionate and always rubbing up against me, and now he basically doesn't want anything to do with me. He won't cuddle me, he doesn't sleep with me, I use to be able to pick him up whenever I wanted and cuddle with him and I was the only one who could do that, and now he growels at me and hisses at me sometimes and won't let me cuddle him. He still will fallow me room from room but that's it. I don't know what his problem is but it honestly saddens me.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If he hasn't been to the vet I suggest taking him. The first thing that pops in my head for sudden aggressive/antisocial behavior is the cat is in pain. If he lets you you could even do a once over, check for any lumps, bumps, sores, etc. before bringing him in so you have a better idea of what to tell the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoAskAlice98

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he hasn't been to the vet I suggest taking him. The first thing that pops in my head for sudden aggressive/antisocial behavior is the cat is in pain. If he lets you you could even do a once over, check for any lumps, bumps, sores, etc. before bringing him in so you have a better idea of what to tell the vet.
Ya I could save up for it. I haven't found any bumps or anything and hes not anti social with everyone my mom says he comes and cuddles with her and he loves one of our dogs and cuddles up with her too it's literally only me, my brother even says he comes and cuddles with him.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should save up for a vet check, too. Any change in behavior warrants a check up.