My cat doesnt like me anymore :(

hocuspocus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In May my alarm clock went off and not knowing he was there I reached up to turn it off and inadvertently hit him. Since then he doesnt love on me and hes been hiding out in another rooms closet. He is eating, litter box going and will play with me if hes out and about but I miss our cuddles. Hes 11 years old. Also Ive noticed hes scared of noises.. sneezes, coughs, clearing of throats....stuff he never minded before. Does this warrant a vet visit? Im sad my baby doesnt
Love me anymore.

Last edited:

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt it was that.  Something else has happened that has him upset or maybe he is ill.  I would take him to the vet to rule out anything medical first.  Then, pay close attention to him and the surroundings.  Maybe another cat or creature is coming into your yard and frightening him?  Cats can see, smell and hear things we cannot or may not notice.  Have you changed anything?  Maybe rearranged furniture or changed some scent in the house, any change, no matter how minute to us can be upsetting to a kitty.  Kitties do not like change much at all.  Maybe get some Comfort Zone/Feliway diffusers around for good measure to help with anxiety.  Try to be understanding and loving with him right now, too.  First thing is first, though, get him to the vet to rule out medical issues and be vigilant about him and anything that could be upsetting him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hocuspocus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our house is right on the main road and we have a lot of loud cars and trucks and since we moved here 4 yrs ago, they always seemed to bother him...but he seems more hypersensitive now. I will take him to the vet next week...6 weeks is more than enough time to get ovet things. Just glad hes still eating, litter boxing and still wants his treats. I was thinking of the feliaway too. That will be on tomorrows to do list. Thank you. I just feel like a bad cat momma. Everything seemed fine before that.

Last edited:

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house is right on the main road and we have a lot of loud cars and trucks and since we moved here 4 yrs ago, they always seemed to bother him...but he seems more hypersensitive now. I will take him to the vet next week...6 weeks is more than enough time to get ovet things. Just glad hes still eating, litter boxing and still wants his treats. I was thinking of the feliaway too. That will be on tomorrows to do list. Thank you. I just feel like a bad cat momma. Everything seemed fine before that.
You are not a bad mom and I'm pretty sure it's not YOU that has him like this.  He would have gotten over that quite quickly.  He's not feeling good or something has happened or is happening that is causing him stress and anxiety.  You may never find the culprit (if it's not medical) but taking steps to calm him can do a world of wonders.  Good luck!!