My Cat Doesn’t Feel Well

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she’s female, 4 years old, has urinary problems and she just keep sitting in the same spot sleeping and staring. Doesnt react to the sounds of food and toys she usually gets really excited about. This morning I saw that she threw up bile. Then she ate very little and drank a little. She responded a little to the massage comb she loves and is able to walk and jump, but prefers not to.

She didnt want any food just now and isnt interested in drinking. Grumbles when the kitty comes near, lets herself be petted by my boyfriend who she usually lashes out at and bites.

I did see her go to the bathroom an hour ago to pee and then she threw up the little bit of food she licked off my finger earlier and some see through stuff, little bit foamy.

I love her so much, I am worried. She does sometimes have days where she is kinda like this but not a lot and not like this.

What can I do to help? What could it be? When is it time to bring her to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She does move her tail when annoyed the way cats do. She responded to me brushing her, but without purring though, but moved her little butt up when I petted her back near the tail, like they do when they enjoy it. She licked a bit of water off of my finger. This is good? i assume if its really bad they dont respond to much at all?

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When a cat stops eating and drinking it is very often serious. You said she does have urinary issues already. I would say it is time for the vet now.

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When a cat stops eating and drinking it is very often serious. You said she does have urinary issues already. I would say it is time for the vet now.
She did just drink a little before going to the litter box, eating she did a little bit this morning.

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she will lose weight. she is ill and not likely to get better without finding the cause.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since cats can't talk, so can't tell us what's wrong, I think it's always best to err on the side of caution and call the vet when you sense something is wrong. Maybe they'll give advice over the phone, especially if they're familiar with her urinary problems, but if they suggest bringing her in, make the appointment. Good luck. :catrub:

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since cats can't talk, so can't tell us what's wrong, I think it's always best to err on the side of caution and call the vet when you sense something is wrong. Maybe they'll give advice over the phone, especially if they're familiar with her urinary problems, but if they suggest bringing her in, make the appointment. Good luck. :catrub:
Thank you. I called them and they told me if she doesnt eat nor drink more than one day, I have to make an appointment. THANKFULLY, she started to drink that same night and eat and drink the day after. She has been perking up since. Now she's walking around again and not just sleeping and hiding. She's still not 100% herself yet, but has improved a lot and is almost the same old girl again. I have been making sure the water and food is extra easy for her to approach, that the house is warm, clean blankets and that the kitten doesn't jump on her now to do the whole dominance and play thing, because that's not what she needs now. Thank you for the advice!