My cat died. WHY?!

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry about the loss of your baby! Without a necropsy, you may never know - you could ask your vet or another one do conduct the procedure. Here they range from $360 to $600. It could be the toxins in the liver and stress is very hard on cats but you can guess but there really nly is one way and that is a NECROPSY.

Take care in the weeks ahead. Think of the good times you shared w her! Hugs!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry.

It sounds like poisoning for it to happen so fast or feline distemper which can cause a cat to go downhill very fast.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, I'm so sorry. IMO, the vet probably knew how sick your kitty was and that there was nothing to be done for him. ( I guess I can't believe a vet being stupid enough not to realize how sick your baby was) I lost my 7 y/o Bob to idiopathic liver failure just a couple of years ago. It happened very quickly and while the vet & I did everything we could for 7 weeks, Bob just didn't make it.
Don't be so hard on yourself; you took your kitty to an emergency vet when you realized he was sick and you told them money wasn't an issue. (another reason I think the vet just didn't want to tell you just how sick your kitty was---otherwise all sorts of tests would have been run) Obviously, either the vet was an idiot or was trying to make it easier on you (I think he/she failed miserably on that point)
The sudden death of a kitty is so hard. I'm sending (((big hugs))) to you.

BTW--what was your baby's name?

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Sweetie, I'm so sorry. IMO, the vet probably knew how sick your kitty was and that there was nothing to be done for him. ( I guess I can't believe a vet being stupid enough not to realize how sick your baby was) I lost my 7 y/o Bob to idiopathic liver failure just a couple of years ago. It happened very quickly and while the vet & I did everything we could for 7 weeks, Bob just didn't make it.
Don't be so hard on yourself; you took your kitty to an emergency vet when you realized he was sick and you told them money wasn't an issue. (another reason I think the vet just didn't want to tell you just how sick your kitty was---otherwise all sorts of tests would have been run) Obviously, either the vet was an idiot or was trying to make it easier on you (I think he/she failed miserably on that point)
The sudden death of a kitty is so hard. I'm sending (((big hugs))) to you.

BTW--what was your baby's name?
I agree, either the vet didn't realize how sick the kitty was or was trying to spare Divineintervent the pain. Perhaps he meant well, but personally, I would rather hear the truth and deal with it accordingly, rather than have false hope.

Divineintervent once again, I am terribly sorry and sad for your loss. Losing one of our babies hurts so much and I know you will miss your baby deeply. Thankfully he had you for his cat mommy.

Sending you lots of *hugs*