juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for your reply, I'm actually making a scrapbook of Grovie, and your right, it is healing my heart. Also...remembering EVERYTHING about him, his meow, how he purred, looked at me, walked, all of him is going into his book. It really helps. Thank you for your kindness, bless you and your lost but never forgotten loved ones :)
jennngrovie jennngrovie I am so glad you went ahead and made the scrapbook. In the years to come, you will be so glad you did this. I was glad to see his picture too. He was beautiful and so healthy looking in the picture. It is just a reminder of how quickly life can change.

Cry all you need to. It helps. It is so hard to lose them. For the first time in 33 years I am without a cat. I think about all of them. When I am brave, I look at their pictures.. When they leave they take a piece of our hearts. I hope you find peace and that soon your memories will be sweet. :nod:

jaymetal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I jus found your post. I am so sorry for your loss. It is one of the worst feeling s. Our pets are so much more to life than just a pet. They are our children. They love us unconditionally. They do not care what kind of car you drive they do not care what kind of home you live in, they do not care how big your bank account is and they do not care what you look like. They just want to be loved. Since I first posted here back in 2012 I have lost another cat Joey. The only thing that has really gotten me through it all is my local pet bereavement groups. If you have not done so you might consider looking up pet bereavement groups in your area and going to one of them. I have gone every since I found out that they were here. I will never forget my boy Chad. Every year on the anniversary of his death I release a balloon in his honor in memory. I let three balloons go this past year and it really weighed heavy on my heart but with the constant support of this group I have made it to the other side and feel a lot better. There is so much you can do in honor of your companionship with your animal. You can plant a tree. You can make a donation to your local shelter in his honor. You can get a bunch of photographs together and put them in a very nice photo album and set it on your coffee table. You can write a poem. You can enlarge one of the pictures that you find was the most special to you and actually find a place in your home and hang it. You can write down as many memories as you can of your friend so that you can look back upon that and smile one day when you are missing him the most. There are so many other things you can do and I know you will make it. It is so hard to say goodbye. I wish you and many of you here only the best.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's My BEAUTIFUL Grovie taken 1 week before he passed
What a handsome boy! You should have a painting or something done to help memorialize him. His markings and eyes are perfect for that. My husband and I are planning to get some new tattoos (or cattoos) to memorialize a few of our really special rescues who've crossed the bridge. I know that's not for everyone, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennngrovie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, oh my gosh, a cattoo has been on my mind! Also i will put his pic on canvas:) thank you for your support, I love this site!

jennngrovie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They definitely choose you, and it doesn't matter if they're with you for weeks, months, or years. Some of them just wiggle their way into our hearts at first sight. In April 2014, just after my birthday, my husband and I made a very rare late night fast-food run. Along the way he suddenly swerved the car off into the shoulder, scaring the crap out of me. Without a word he jumped out of the car and returned moments later with a little orange and white kitten absolutely caked in muck. Little bebe crawled into my arms and nuzzled in, and I was done. I named him Charlie, and from that moment on, he wanted to be in my arms every possible second. About a week later someone brought us another ginger kitten about the same age as Charlie. I named him Arry, and they were fast friends.

Both were sickly and didn't live longer than a few months. They were rescued a week apart, and they died a week apart. But oh how they lived large in those 4 months we had together. I still cry when I think of them both, especially my sweet little Charlie.

Since both of them were sickly (each had different issues, Arry is one of the two who needed an eye removed), I second-guessed myself a lot.I lamented the fact that such sweet kitties didn't get to be part of my life any longer than a few months, that two such grateful, loving babies didn't get the long, happy life they deserved. But nothing I thought or felt would change what happened, so all I could do was honor their memory.

Charlie (on top) and Arry, the morning after they met.

Charlie loved kisses

Got your nose!

There's no way to describe the love in his eyes in this moment.

Adopted brothers!
what beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them and your story. You and everyone else have so inspired me and touched my heart. It does get better...today I haven't cried. Last night after work I was very angry and sad. I let it out, took a walk, and made my mind turn to the good memories. And, am waiting to be picked....:)

jennngrovie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I jus found your post. I am so sorry for your loss. It is one of the worst feeling s. Our pets are so much more to life than just a pet. They are our children. They love us unconditionally. They do not care what kind of car you drive they do not care what kind of home you live in, they do not care how big your bank account is and they do not care what you look like. They just want to be loved. Since I first posted here back in 2012 I have lost another cat Joey. The only thing that has really gotten me through it all is my local pet bereavement groups. If you have not done so you might consider looking up pet bereavement groups in your area and going to one of them. I have gone every since I found out that they were here. I will never forget my boy Chad. Every year on the anniversary of his death I release a balloon in his honor in memory. I let three balloons go this past year and it really weighed heavy on my heart but with the constant support of this group I have made it to the other side and feel a lot better. There is so much you can do in honor of your companionship with your animal. You can plant a tree. You can make a donation to your local shelter in his honor. You can get a bunch of photographs together and put them in a very nice photo album and set it on your coffee table. You can write a poem. You can enlarge one of the pictures that you find was the most special to you and actually find a place in your home and hang it. You can write down as many memories as you can of your friend so that you can look back upon that and smile one day when you are missing him the most. There are so many other things you can do and I know you will make it. It is so hard to say goodbye. I wish you and many of you here only the best.
ohhh, what a story , I love how you release the balloons, I will so do that! There's a animal boarding clinic I am going to volunteer at. Your right, keeping his m e more alive, support groips, this website...has been a life saver for me. It's nice to meet you send hear your story, as well as everyone else. You all are very special kind people. Thank you :)

jennngrovie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ohhh, what a story , I love how you release the balloons, I will so do that! There's a animal boarding clinic I am going to volunteer at. Your right, keeping his m e more alive, support groips, this website...has been a life saver for me. It's nice to meet you send hear your story, as well as everyone else. You all are very special kind people. Thank you :)
woops, sorry for the misspelled words, lol. I hope you always have cats in your life, they need you, your pictures are beautiful, and your babies do live on in your heart. :)

keats1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. My baby died not so long after yours did, he did on September 11 2015 and was also only 6 years old. It was so sudden!
I wish you the best and hope you remember that your kitty had a wonderful, happy life.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat andI am sorry for your loss, I do understand your feelings completely, rest in peace dear Grovie.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a beautiful kitty! I am truly sorry on the loss of your sweet kitty, Grovie. I know the pain you must be feeling at this time. I still get emotional and cry over the loss of my Mickey, and that was over a year ago. I know I will always miss him. I have adopted two new kitties since my baby's passing (I was so lonely without my Mickey). I love my new kitties very much and they love me, but I will always miss Mickey. My two kitties are wonderful, and they have helped me so much. I know they needed a warm home and love, and I needed a kitty to love. You will know when the time is right for you. You will always love and miss your Grovie, but you you have a big enough heart to love another.
RIP Sweet Grovie!
You will never be forgotten!