My cat Cruise is having elimination issues

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cruise the cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the thoughts. We haven't done anything yet but it looks like it is coming this week. We are just trying to work up the courage and get past the feelings of guilt to make the appointment.

This is one of my favorite pictures of him. He ALWAYS had to be with us!!!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't feel guilty.  The price we pay for the great pleasure our cats (and other pets) bring us is that (usually) they go before we do, and asking the vet to pts is often the last kind thing we can do for them.

I had a terminally ill cat last year after he was pts I realised just how stressful it had been.  When he suddenly went downhill it helped that I had worked out what I wanted to do with his body afterwards, so I wasn't faced with having to suddenly decide. 

It also helped that I rung the vets almost in tears, they told me to come straight down, they made room for me in the surgery, and the vet examined Rufus carefully and confirmed my feelings - he didn't just take my word.

Afterwards I went through all my photos with him in and made a set on flickr of them, in order, and that helped as well especially seeing that the previous weekend when he was in a friends cattery he was really happy.

Some of these things might help you.