My cat chewed up the belt of a kimono

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think she ate it, as my cats dont really eat strange things. But she chewed it enough to shrew the belt apart, the length didnt seem shorter. Its just a thin fabric belt (the fabric is the same as a kimono). Should i worry? I know some things can get tangled in a cats intestines. Should i look out for symptoms?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on her. If she is starts acting different like not eating or straining to use the bathroom (acts like she has to go but doesn't), make an appointment. She might have an obstruction. Check the litter box to see if you see any fabric in her stools.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to say but if as you said, "she chewed it enough to shrew the belt apart," she may have consumed threads or some of the material from it. I would call the vet and ask their advice, maybe take a pic of the chewed belt and send it to them as well. It's always better to be safe than sorry. ;) In the meantime, definitely watch her closely for any changes in her health. Please keep us posted.:alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both! Been keeping an eye on both cats and they're eating like normal. Litter box is as full as always. I'll keep watching just in case.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update, it's always wonderful to hear good news. :heartshape: