My cat being infected after neutered?

Jackzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat neutered 4 days ago but after next day he had swelling
IMG20201106163724.jpg
IMG20201106163724.jpg
he is active and having lots of food and sleeping too much but still he has swelling should i worried? My vet told me its normal and he's healing

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you send the Vet these pictures? If not, I would. Plus when was the last time you spoke with the Vet? Was it the 2nd day, or today? After four days I would not expect to see it looking this way.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any updates? Did you RECENTLY discuss with your Vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I discussed with my vet he said its normal to be honest i cant trust on him anymore
My cat looks fine and eating too much but i noticed there's swelling on his incision yesterday its reduced now today its fine but the color of incision changed into black my vet told me to clean the area and cleaned and its was fine but now again its black is it infection or something else help me plz

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could it be dried blood? Does it smell or weep, is it red. If there is any of the three then the chances are its infected and will need antibiotics.

Jackzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nothing like this its dry and it won't hurt also very soft he's feeling comfortable an eating playing and sleep alots now swelling is 80% reduced but I'm worried about the color why its black its day 5 and still his left cut not healed properly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How strange. I’ve not seen this before after a neuter. Can you have another vet take a look to make sure it’s healing properly?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would suggest seeing another vet. This is one of those things you really want to keep after, and get good answers to. I think that you may be seeing dried serum, it can, if there is blood in it, look black when it dries, but I'd certainly want a vet to TELL me that, if he were my cat. God knows, you need a vet you can trust.

When you find a vet to see him, take all of those pictures with you, so he knows what you have been dealing with!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s great! What did the vet do for him? What was the issue?

Jackzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Before neutering my ex vet removed hair and he also incision him very deep and put stich on external side external stiches are the reason behind swelling so i contact with other vet and told him everything and also asked him about infection so he said if your cat is active eating and allow you to touch his incision so be relax he's fine just clean his incision with warm water so i do same and also convince him to check properly last morning he came and removed stiches and suggest me antibiotics Amoxil now there's no more swelling and his skin color is fine also his hair growing very fast

Jackzee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you soo much he's such a Good person

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for the information. It will help us advise others if their cat has this problem. I had never seen this issue before. I am also very happy that the new vet was able to help!