my cat attacked my face.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, she was laying down, my other cat climbed up not realizing she was there, he knows when she's up there not to go up but he did not know. When he got up, she smacked his face and growled at him and he left. I was looking out the door and I turned to look at her and I said her name, then she just attacked. I didn't expect it. It just happened, I don't believe I provoked it.

When you say that the other cats know not to go up there, she is already showing her dominance.  I think that she has been effective and successful being the dominate cat of your household.  However, she was "haired up" and stimulated, as another poster mentioned, and you got in the way.  But, she is on the verge of deciding if you are just another to be controlled, which is why I say that somehow you have to gently find a way to assert your dominance above all others.  You are doing her a favor in this, rather than being mean as some think, because then she can always look to you as a mediator.  Maybe try to get the other cats away from her, so she sees, when she is testy, to gain her trust and thanks. But set limits on your own person.  You can ONLY do it in the moment.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think cats get it when you touch them in any way, they go in defense mode.  You literally have to scoop them up and put them in solitude.  When you tapped her did she turn around and look at you like you were crazy and she didn't know why you did it?  Probably lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I knew what neighbor it was I would give it to you. I would've called the police on them if I knew which ones they were, I live in apartments and I have more than one neighbor that do not like that cats, the one that threatened to poison them I know it was not then because it happened when he wasn't here. So that leaves it down to 3 other neighbors that could have done it.
And actually she ran away from me when I did it, I'm usually not the one to discipline her, its either my oldest cat to smack her when she does something wrong or my sister will shout at her and she doesn't listen to her, she only listens to me. She doesn't like my family that much, before I branch her home, when I first met her, my moms friend bathed her and she got scared so I let her sleep in my shirt and dry off and from there she only liked me.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Brang her Home* not branch. I don't know what's going on with my keyboard today.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It still sounds to me like she's testing her boundaries, a bit fearful or insecure, and unsure of how she should act.  She IS young.  I know she ran but I wish I could have seen the whole scenario play out.  After she ran did you just walk away and go on with life?  Did she hide under a table and lick herself?

Just, in the future, if you see her act dominate with the other cats in a way that is not harmful physically, but that you see is annoying her, make it a point to pick up that other cat and remove it from her area at first (even if it seems they aren't doing anything)  In cat language they are bothering her. If she sees that you are backing her up, believe it or not, eventually she will be less aggressive towards them, knowing that someone has her back in case of emergencies.

If she is at all aggressive to the point that the other cats are harmed, then you need to quickly, at the second it happens, swoop her up and put her in a time out room alone.  Don't reprimand her verbally or physically....just a fast and silent time out.  When she comes out, act as if nothing has happened and do this time and again.

It looks to me like she just had a bad day.  She's a sweet girl and you should be fine.  You have her best interest at heart.

Last edited:

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PS....She may even have been angry at you because you didn't notice the other cats were bothering her and she relied on you to do something....but I wasn't there, lol.  Ok, I'm sorry to go on, but I wish I could help.  I know how much it hurts when they seem mad at you :(

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she left I called her name so she could come with me so I could clean her eye. Then she left to the window and then after that that's when she came to the sofa to sleep with me. I brang her to my cold room since its really hot out in the living room and I have an AC in here. She was tossing and turning because it was hot. Well, she's not angry with me anymore, she's her normal self now. And thanks to everyone who replied to my thread. :) I really appreciate it.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beautiful cat. I'm sorry this happened but it sounds like it was over stimulation more than anything. :) Definitely get her checked out as for being deaf!

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she's not spayed. she's never gotten into heat before. we've told the vet already they said there's no need to spay her if she doesn't go into heat.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know its important for her to get spayed. My vet is highly strict with spaying. They won't see your cat or give them what they need if they're sick unless they're spayed. But because isis hasn't gone into heat they won't spay her and say she doesn't need to. I know its important to protect her from illnesses as well. They won't even neuter my other cat because he's "sick" he has CH and they just say put him to sleep, he's just a special cat and he's not in any pain. I only have one cat spayed and that's when we were living in a different area with better vets. (Giving this information out so nobody attacks me for not having them fixed. My vet just won't do it

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know its important for her to get spayed. My vet is highly strict with spaying. They won't see your cat or give them what they need if they're sick unless they're spayed. But because isis hasn't gone into heat they won't spay her and say she doesn't need to. I know its important to protect her from illnesses as well. They won't even neuter my other cat because he's "sick" he has CH and they just say put him to sleep, he's just a special cat and he's not in any pain. I only have one cat spayed and that's when we were living in a different area with better vets. (Giving this information out so nobody attacks me for not having them fixed. My vet just won't do it
You need to find another vet.  Your cat is going to wind up pregnant, and I think it's very strange that your vet doesn't know about silent heats.  I would also bet that the attack had a lot to do with hormonal aggression.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
there isn't any near by. We had to switch from banfield already as well because they were just dirty inside the rooms, and because the pet store they were in just had dead animals in their tanks and I didn't agree with it, they took their animals to the backroom to die. And my vet right now is also dirty they bleach the floors everyday and it still smells horrible. I'll try and find another near by vet asap though, the one I take my turtle to is really far and pricey but they see fur babies as well and they're not rude over there like the one over here.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of silent heats either! We learn something new everyday.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And if my vet did know about silent heats they didn't say so probably because they spay and neuter for free and don't want to pay for more things? I don't know.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're in LA?  There are plenty of vets out there.  Whereabouts are you located?

I think it's very important to get her spayed asap.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in south central Los Angeles. Good vets are about 40 min to an hour away and I don't drive. I don't have my drivers license yet, the vet I go to now is just about 9 minutes away.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Born and raised in Los Angeles....hi neighbor!  There are SOOOOOOOOOOO many free spay/neuter options.  I can look them up for you if need be.  Thank goodness!  This is most likely causing her aggression;. EASY FIX, so keep her comfortable and away from annoyances until she can see a doctor.  That was easy :).