my cat attacked my face.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

some of this advice is a bit extreme if you ask me.

Don't lock her in the bathroom or put her outside, she will resent that and it won't be productive.  No good can come from it.  She probably was startled and is not something you should take personal.

Play some constructive games with her to stimulate her and tucker her out.

She just may need some quality time.

JMO...xoxo good luck.
I would never in a million years put one of my cats outside as punishment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
some of this advice is a bit extreme if you ask me.

Don't lock her in the bathroom or put her outside, she will resent that and it won't be productive.  No good can come from it.  She probably was startled and is not something you should take personal.

Play some constructive games with her to stimulate her and tucker her out.

She just may need some quality time.

JMO...xoxo good luck.
I won't do that! But I don't think catpiedpiper meant any harm...
And I agree, she needs quality time, I give her most of my time of the day when I can but she can't get enough!! and thanks!

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats test you, I'm sorry.  I am the LAST person who would ever hurt a cat....I love them more than humans.  But we all can't agree.  Closing the door of the bathroom on a naughty cat, maybe not for hours, is sometimes necessary in those beginning stages.  Letting them walk all over you when they are showing aggression is just asking for it.

I have had cats my entire life and I'm 45.  I used to train brutally mean cats that would attack at first site, hence the oven mitts.  None of us truly know the mind of each individual cat.  I am just advising on her behavior if it happens in the future, or consistently.  My two cents, but only she knows her cat. 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a photo to show it.
There's a strong possibility that she's deaf on her right side.  Blue eyes and deafness can - not always, but often - go hand in hand.  I had an odd-eyed white cat who was deaf on her blue-eyed side, and it was best to approach her from her "good" side to avoid startling her.

She's beautiful, indeed.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Cats test you, I'm sorry.  I am the LAST person who would ever hurt a cat....I love them more than humans.  But we all can't agree.  Closing the door of the bathroom on a naughty cat, maybe not for hours, is sometimes necessary in those beginning stages.  Letting them walk all over you when they are showing aggression is just asking for it.

I have had cats my entire life and I'm 45.  I used to train brutally mean cats that would attack at first site, hence the oven mitts.  None of us truly know the mind of each individual cat.  I am just advising on her behavior if it happens in the future, or consistently.  My two cents, but only she knows her cat. 

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's a strong possibility that she's deaf on her right side.  Blue eyes and deafness can - not always, but often - go hand in hand.  I had an odd-eyed white cat who was deaf on her blue-eyed side, and it was best to approach her from her "good" side to avoid startling her.

She's beautiful, indeed.

I think I should switch her vets.. Because they've said there's nothing wrong with her eye and they'll probably assume she's not deaf. I know deep down inside there has to be something wrong. The same vet is the same one who said my special cat is completely blind when he's not after I took him somewhere else.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with 1 cat.  It does look like you might have startled her from a blind or deaf side, if the case.  Do you think you were coming from that side, I'm just curious?  Because it does make sense...especially if she then thought it was still the other kitty.

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SHE'S A PUDDIN!!  She may have just been having a bad day....we all do, lol.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her whole face was facing towards me. But maybe when I turned it confused one side if she is deaf or maybe partially blind. ;) because I've tried using my finger to see if she reacts immediately seeing my finger going towards her eye and both sides she reacted the same. And with sound I've spoke to her from both sides and she moves her ears.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably a bad day as well! Or tired! Before laying on the cat tower, she was running around playing like she was crazy running at the speed of light with my other female cat michie.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It never hurts to get a second opinion.

I have to say, she's a beautiful cat.  What a sweetheart.

As you already know, patience is needed with our furry friends.  All will work out.

Best to you both.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is important for you to try to find out if she is deaf, or possibly going deaf. Consult your vet about maybe testing her (or contact a "2nd opinion vet", if you don't like your current vet).

By the way, a deaf cat should be an indoor cat, for their own safety. There are many dangers outside for deaf kitties :kitty:

catpiedpiper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm.  It sounds to me then like she was annoyed with the other cat and lashed out at you because you have been nothing but sweet.  She is at that ripe age for testing her inner queen.  What did you do when she did that?

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I never let my kitties outside, that's a no for me. My neighbors don't like cats, and have threatened to poison the feral cats outside. They broke one of the kittens backs outside. I thought he/she was going to be paralyzed. I was so sad, and couldn't catch the kitten to take it to the vet but now its healed and doesn't walk the same as before so it healed poorly. I still wish I could catch it. :( but my cats never go outside. 3 out of 4 of my cats are rescues from outside. Isis is the only one who isn't from outside. And when I carry her out she doesn't like it, she gets scared so now she won't leave outside the door. Which is good, my door is always locked. I'm just hoping her boyfriend/husband doesn't learn how to open it since he watches us open doors and attempts to open them himself!!!
And ill take your advice pushpurr :)

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm.  It sounds to me then like she was annoyed with the other cat and lashed out at you because you have been nothing but sweet.  She is at that ripe age for testing her inner queen.  What did you do when she did that?
I tapped her behind softly and told her to behave. I didn't know how to react and didn't want to hurt her.

nathaliewhite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would usually tap her on the nose because she doesn't like it but I chose her behind this time in case nose didn't work anymore when she mis behaves.