My cat ate an obsidian healing stone

jahmadia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is a scottish fold, 4 years old and he ate an obsidian healing stone should I take him to the vet immediately or wait to see if he passes it?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I can't even begin to think that NOT taking him to the vet is an option. I mean, even if they can be somewhat digested by humans - in certain conditions - do you have any idea that the same is true for a cat?

If you think he can actually pass it, then just watch him and look for negative signs, like no stool, vomiting, lack of appetite. I am not sure I would want to wait for those things to happen, but you have a better knowledge of these stones than I do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jahmadia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I can't even begin to think that NOT taking him to the vet is an option. I mean, even if they can be somewhat digested by humans - in certain conditions - do you have any idea that the same is true for a cat?

If you think he can actually pass it, then just watch him and look for negative signs, like no stool, vomiting, lack of appetite. I am not sure I would want to wait for those things to happen, but you have a better knowledge of these stones than I do.
Hi actually we literally just found it after hours of searching so he’s good thank you for your help